• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's about the here and now but if people can't see the talent (defensively and otherwise) he has due to a few mistakes then I despair...
I never said he wasnt talented, thats obvious to most, I would think. I have confidence in him becoming a really good footballer, but again, we need a defender able to keep the oposition out now, not one with a silky touch whom might come good in a few years time. If we could keep him as a backup and play him a lot less until he develops a bit more, that would be great, but Its also never going to happen. I would way rather we sell Stones and bring in someone better now, than let Stones 'outgrow' his mistakes, and loosing a bunch of PL points for Everton in the process. Making a rare mistake is something all defenders do, but Stones does it again and again, without seeming to gain any wisdom from his failures, at least not yet.

I never said he wasnt talented, thats obvious to most, I would think. I have confidence in him becoming a really good footballer, but again, we need a defender able to keep the oposition out now, not one with a silky touch whom might come good in a few years time. If we could keep him as a backup and play him a lot less until he develops a bit more, that would be great, but Its also never going to happen. I would way rather we sell Stones and bring in someone better now, than let Stones 'outgrow' his mistakes, and loosing a bunch of PL points for Everton in the process. Making a rare mistake is something all defenders do, but Stones does it again and again, without seeming to gain any wisdom from his failures, at least not yet.

But you're making out like he's worse than most mate - he's 22! He will learn. You'r negating the fact that mostly these mistakes have come when he's been playing in a defence that he himself has been leading, with no experienced player alongside him.

IF (and it's a big if) he stayed, and we got Williams in (which looks likely) those two would be a great partnership, as they both compliment each other even more than Stones and Jags do.

I'm not saying he doesn't need to improve. He will. But this idea that he's a poor defender is absolute nonsense.

Talking of 50 and John Stones reminds me that he used to get his hair cut in town. £9.50 and always took the change.

Except at Chrimbo when he gave the lass a tip. 50p.

50m or no deal is what we've told city apparently
Renewed tabloid talk this morning. Swap deal involving Bony. Might just be speculation, but it sounds good for Everton. £35m plus Bony in the Sun. Seriously undervalues Bony. Strikers who can score in the Premier league are gold dust

Renewed tabloid talk this morning. Swap deal involving Bony. Might just be speculation, but it sounds good for Everton. £35m plus Bony in the Sun. Seriously undervalues Bony. Strikers who can score in the Premier league are gold dust

Let's just get this deal done and move on.

I'd be happy with bony, Williams and a late move for Mata once united have pogba.

If we get a decent top rated keeper and keep hold of rom then our squad will be ok

Let's just get this deal done and move on.

I'd be happy with bony, Williams and a late move for Mata once united have pogba.

If we get a decent top rated keeper and keep hold of rom then our squad will be ok
I think Everton will be very busy in the closing weeks. Utd, City, all the top clubs will be offloading players now, and there will be some good players to be had at more reasonable value. Mata being a good example.

The reports say a £15m makeweight as part of the deal. We don't know what the full offer is. They may be offering Bony plus£25m for a £40m package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back