• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better, I don't know...but I think he should be given a run there to see what happens. Especially if he's got a pair of solid defenders like Williams and Jags behind him.
I think there are better defensive midfielders out there though, can't imagine City would spend £50m just to experiment with him in a different position.

for me, his head has turned and he wants out, id take the cash/swap deal for bony... but if we keep him then a def mid position might be just the ticket. especially with basic out.

I think there are better defensive midfielders out there though, can't imagine City would spend £50m just to experiment with him in a different position.

I don't think they'd experiment with him at all...as he's shown, he's not got enough experience for them at CB to be starting, if they're serious about a title run and if you're paying £50M for a CB you're not going to play every Saturday well then good luck to them.

I'd take £35m and Bony for Stones. £15m on Williams then £20m leftover for another centre half. Good business that. Get the feeling Bony would absolutely thrive here, very good holdup play and good at getting on the end of crosses. Dare say he'd get more joy from Deulofeu's crosses than Lukaku.

Swap deals never happen though so £50m will do.

So pep the man that plays 5"8 centre midfielders at the back. Is going to spend 50mil on a 6"2 cultured centre back and play him in midfield.
Of course he is

yep said it before and will again - a sort of Beckenbaur role. As a CB many questions have been raised on here regarding his heading ability.

TBH, whether we like it or not it is only a matter of time and he will be gone. If not we will have an unhappy player on our books until the next window in January.

What I find difficult to follow is if Man C are so rich why is this taking so long - pay the fee or sod off and shut up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back