• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
STONES ON THE BRINK

It's happening... John Stones is on the brink of completing his transfer from Everton to Manchester City.

Sky sources understand the deal is close to being announced by both clubs - confirmation could come in the next 24 hours but certainly before the end of the week.

They don't have any obligation to tell the fans anything until a deal is done completely. It obviously hasn't been, since it hasn't been announced by either us or City.
If Man City including him in their UEFA squad list, the the deal is done mate. They just don't want us to know yet.

Don't be so naive.

It doesn't exactly reflect well on us does it? Even if we are not at fault.

Why does it reflect badly though Ij?

When there's something to announce we announce it. It's frustrating but we always do our business firmly behind closed doors.

The Stones deal will be as good as done, but UEFA quickly re-setting their site and adding in Mangala instead suggests that they are fully aware they've made a huge cock up.

I imagine there'll be a statement from both clubs later.

Whose fault is it that our club is clearly withholding information regarding outgoing player transfers from its own fans?

The selling club never announce selling a player, they always leave that sort of stuff to the buying club.
It can even be in the contract at times "do not announce until we have announced and ran our full unveiling campaign"

If Man City including him in their UEFA squad list, the the deal is done mate. They just don't want us to know yet.

Don't be so naive.

They haven't. He's been replaced by Mangala now.

I'm not being naive, I've been saying it'll be as good as done. But, it is not yet done and that's why UEFA have changed it on their site.

Selling Stones is not embarassing. A lot of people think he's overrated and think it's great businness by us.

Just let him develop under Guardiola. It's the best for him, for us too. Our defense will be stronger with Kone or Williams than with him, you will see.
Very much agree - despite our new wealth, once City, United, PSG, Bayern, Real and Barca come calling all the club can do is get the best price possible. This they have done. If that money is reinvested in Williams and Kone then yes our defence will be better.

Anyway, good luck to John - acted like a professional throughout, I'm sure he'll go on to be one of the world's best, and it was a privilege to see him in Everton blue in his first two seasons.

Now we need to re-invest the money to offset the new Kenwright we have in charge. Same old.

Apart from the last two sentences, agree entirely

Anyway, good luck to John - acted like a professional throughout, I'm sure he'll go on to be one of the world's best, and it was a privilege to see him in Everton blue in his first two seasons.

Now we need to re-invest the money to offset the new Kenwright we have in charge. Same old.

Absolutely - he's a superb player and will only get exponentially better with top European experience. Good luck to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back