• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree.

Also if I try and look at it from the cold light of day, he has not played well for a while now. Not saying he is a bad player as he his fantastic when on the ball, but he needs to improve massively as a defender and learn the scruffier side of the game. I am not convinced he will be able to given their demand for instant gratification. I expect that his best performances will come in the CL for them, rather than in bread and butter Prem fixtures.

Anyway here's to getting in players in who want to play for us and have not been part of 2 shambolic 4-0 defeats at our old stadium.
he's a [Poor language removed] isn't he?

Whose fault is it that our club is clearly withholding information regarding outgoing player transfers from its own fans?

They don't have any obligation to tell the fans anything until a deal is done completely. It obviously hasn't been, since it hasn't been announced by either us or City.

I was really impressed with Holgate in pre season. One calm, ball playing CH alongside 2 massive no nonsense defenders would see us improve massively at the back.

Koeman has made VVD and Fonte into 2 outstanding premier league defenders. I trust him to do what is right for the club.
He'll be better, comfortable on the ball while actually being able to defend

Whose fault is it that our club is clearly withholding information regarding outgoing player transfers from its own fans?

Perhaps the Stones side of the deal is finalised (if so they need to register him today, which Everton would have agreed to).
The lack of an announcement would indicate that a player is part of the deal. So perhaps the last bits of the transfer of Bony? are not yet completed, hence the delay in an official announcement.

UEFA have now changed the squad with mangala replacing stones, so obviously a major f up by city yet our fans still blame Everton,

They weren't blaming Everton though were they.

They were blaming the arrogance of City putting a player in they hadn't yet announced. It's a bit like those tweets Watched Bellend and the like do 'Stekelenburg's only just signed and Everton fans already slating him SMFH' - failing to produce a single critical tweet afterwards.

"Hate our fans sometimes" - yeah, you're a monumental biff who nearly had a sweatdown when it took us more than an afternoon to secure an under contract manager.

Surely the club can't allow this to happen, maybe City didnt think that Uefa would (for once) be so efficient and list things this quickly who knows.

We need to make a statement sharpish today, either that he has gone for a record fee for a defender or we are taking action against City for registering him. Its going to be the former, probably including players, but still we can't be seen to be made out to be fools and need swift action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back