• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not surprised that it hasn't been formally announced; it's a complicated deal.

Not only does Stones need to go to City, we need to agree everything with Bony, and i imagine we want to sign his replacements in (hopefully) Williams and Kone before we announce so it doesn't push their prices up further.

I am fine with this deal particularly if Bony is thrown in aswell my only worry is Bony won't be coming here to play back up like he was at City so unless we are going 2 up top this could be the start of the transfer ripple effect that see's Lukaku off aswell.

He was always leaving this summer. Rather him than Barkley (wow my prediction was way off with that one).

Better we have experience now rather than potential, need to get a solid team together short term rather than hope young players come good all at the same time.

And least stones doesn't have to move house again

I am fine with this deal particularly if Bony is thrown in aswell my only worry is Bony won't be coming here to play back up like he was at City so unless we are going 2 up top this could be the start of the transfer ripple effect that see's Lukaku off aswell.
Bony is a decent player, and will score goals.

Any annoyance is offset by the hilarious balls up that has led to him ending up on City's official squad list while (technically) still an Everton player.

Can we try the same with Aguero for Saturday?

It must be done though as I cant see UEFA letting them register a player who isnt on their books. Its probably just all be signed before the deadline and the rest of the media stuff is being done today. Maybe we are striking a deal with one if their players and thats the hold up

City fans have said apparently thats how the Otamendi deal was leaked last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back