• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
how i would love this to be city's riquelme moment. We don't have to sell him this summer to comply with FFP, would love us to agree to sell him in jan , or to united instead (if we had no idea that city were going to do this of course).

Finished 11th AND selling our best young player.
I dont think this move will affect how others see us too much. Pep at City is almost as much of a draw as Barca or Madrid. Sometimes it is just inevitable. Its like no one really thought less of Spurs when they lost Bale, or when Liverpool lost Suarez.

Quite thankful this whole saga is drawing to a close now. Stones may or may not go on to become a world class CB but we were never going to see that development as an EFC player anyway.

Over the last two seasons I believe Stone hasn't improved. Yes that is in part due to an inept manager but there are also issues with his game which just shouldn't exist at this level. In preseason I have seen him, on a number of times, completely miss time his jump for a header leading to a goal scoring opportunity - e.g against United last week and he is still drawing pressure with poor basic distribution.

If Stones has another poor season his value will drop and I don't think we can risk that, especially given its impact on our wage allowance as mentioned by @The Esk

Bringing in Williams and potentially Kone will help stabilise and ultimately improve our defence overall, lets not forget its a team game.

Good luck to him, just hope that luck runs out when he plays us

how i would love this to be city's riquelme moment. We don't have to sell him this summer to comply with FFP, would love us to agree to sell him in jan , or to united instead (if we had no idea that city were going to do this of course).

No but we need to sell him to get money to buy players with.

Rubbish. City have confirmed that he hasn't signed yet and that they are embarrassed.Thats as of 10 this morning. Why do people, supposedly Everton supporters, always seek to blame THEIR club whenever possible. Update..just now on SSN...Stones not yet signed.

He's still registered on uefa website, this not been removed, the deal is done and we'll have clearly known about it. Why is it that happy clapper fans like you can't take off your blue tinted specs and accept we are poorly run at times, it always someone else's fault......

Rubbish. City have confirmed that he hasn't signed yet and that they are embarrassed.Thats as of 10 this morning. Why do people, supposedly Everton supporters, always seek to blame THEIR club whenever possible. Update..just now on SSN...Stones not yet signed.
To be fair mate SSN said that's what their Manchester City source has told them, the actual club hasn't said a thing.

So you're allowed to put players in your squad that haven't signed yet? lol

Leicester should name Messi in their squad, for a laugh

No you're not, the player needs to be registered with the club. City have made a mistake, probably thinking the transfer would be done by now.

How can you name a player in your squad that you haven't signed yet?

I mean...what are the actual mechanics of doing that? Surely there has to be a fair bit of paperwork involved?

Everything points to the deal being done and it being kept secret from all fans...until Man City said now say they haven't signed him, which seems to complicate things further.

Are they lying?

He's going, and what happens next is the important thing.
If we spend all the Stones money and a fair bit besides, then we should have improved the overall squad.

If we only spend the Stones money and not much else, then fingers will, quite rightly, be pointed in the direction of the boardroom. There's about three weeks to go before we find out which it is.

Good luck to Stones by the way. He's from Yorkshire, so has as many ties to City as he does to Everton. If one of us had signed for West Ham and then got the chance to play for, say, Arsenal, for a lot more money, then we'd have done exactly what he's doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back