• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fume when Stones leaves later thus week and Everton still don't sign anyone to excite the fans will bd unreal and rightly so. This looks more like a skimming off the top operation for every day that passes imo.

People are saying that for city to put him in the squad for the CL they have to provide registration date and a medical.

Which means its been done for at least a day. What was the hold up, not announcing it the same day as Pogba, or waiting for replacements (williams Kone). If its been done for a day or two then we should have just announced it and moved on.

How can you name a player in your squad that you haven't signed yet?

I mean...what are the actual mechanics of doing that? Surely there has to be a fair bit of paperwork involved?

Everything points to the deal being done and it being kept secret from all fans...until Man City said now say they haven't signed him, which seems to complicate things further.

Are they lying?

You're over thinking it...

Basically the deal is in the latter stages, and City had this deadline they had to meet so that the player would be eligible for games.

That's it.

Seems City didn't know that the squad lists would be published, they jumped the gun, how whoppers can blame Everton for that faux pas is beyond me. A good source on another board posted that Stones cleared his locker on Monday, so the deal is done barring a few details and hopefully we can start to move on. He is a great prospect and I'm sorry he's gone, but we can't compete with City, Chelsea and United, so we battle for 4th with Spuds, Arse, RS et al.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back