• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what we will get though, A bunch of crap from mid to low level teams, It was the reason Walsh was brought in

Just because a player has come from a lower level team does not make them dross. You can have a lot of success by identifying the best payers from these levels and bringing them in. Leicester just won the league this way. I don't think you understand how football works if you think that we can just throw money at any players and expect them to sign for a team that has just finished 11th in the PL. The best players want Europe and so it is going to take a bit of patience.

Give me a full list of all of his signings at Bury/Chester/Hull/Newcastle/Chelsea and Leicester so we can decide if his record is good or not

Or are we just going to cherry pick the 5-6 good ones he's stumbled across
5-6 signings as good as the ones he's made is a damn sight more than most manage in a lifetime.

can't really complain. Compared to sterling we've been ripped off. But compared to the priced of silva, aguero, hazard, sanchez etc. we've done brilliantly considering it's a defender who's still largely potential. He could always flop

We've made a £10-15m mark-up on a player who had a terrible season - as you say, really can't complain.

It's sensational business for us - however, it should have been done after bringing players in early for the season ahead. There's no excuse for not doing so.

We've sold the best young defender you've seen at Everton in beards for £5m more* than Newcastle received for Andy Carroll five years ago.

A lad who flicked a switch and pushed back Man Utd ten yards in the second half of this year's FA Cup semi. From defence.

Moshiri is here, are you ready for this? Everton are back at the top table lads.

Amazing work. Nothing will be the same again.

* discounting Barnsley's sell on cut

Oi, back on the fence, you!

Higher wage bill with a worse squad? Just explain that for me? Mate I'm having my doubts myself and If we haven't spent gazillions by the close of the Window I might just right an open letter of fume....
Stones was on a modest wage, as was Galloway. Williams and Kone will be on substantially more, we will sign one marquee player (I'm guessing Mata but I'm not ITK, who is though) on mega money and ROM will sign a new deal for 6 figures a week wages (then leave next summer).

Massive gamble on their part. Money is money, but this could end up going pear-shaped within months.

Every transfer is a gamble. Stones is one that could pay off with having the best defender in the world for a decade.

We've been well compensated for a player who wanted out and was off form, and City have bought in to the potential. For both sides, the fee is reasonable. Time will tell if he'll be the next Beckenbauer or the next Bramble.

As said, sad to see him go, but 47.5m for a defender who has been struggling to defend and cut out the same mistakes is an excellent deal for us.

Have to use that money wisely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back