• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sound with that tbh. Price is OK. He's not been arsed with playing for Everton for a while so goodbye and good luck. Hope he doesn't have too much trouble pulling the splinters out of his batty, like.

Can we get some players in now though, FFS?

If Stones didn't want out, I'd have thought there was something wrong with him. Have you seen us for the last two seasons? If you're a player with any ambition at all, you want off that sinking ship. Same with Rom - he'd need his head checking if he 100% wanted to stay. Barkley is slightly different as a boyhood blue.

The onus is on Everton to prove we're a more attractive package, not the players. And in the case of Stones, clearly he decided 12 months ago we were never going to be for him in the long term, so here we are.

Spectacularly correct statement !!

I think Martinez has to carry some of the blame here, forcing his style of play on Stones who had a nightmare last season.

I wish we could have kept hold of him. The unease I feel about just how much we actually have to spend on decent targets is building.

Wishing a player that has for months wanted out and been a liability 'well' for his next move is like wishing your ex who has been cheating all the best thus making you a cuck !

Yep, he has treated our great club with utter contempt for a while now. That has to have had a negative effect on the squad.
I wish the lad no ill, but I hope he fails massively due to his lack of respect of Everton and my total dislike of the modern monstrosity that is Man Citeh.

Everton are still the same.

Every season sell a player at the highest price they can get and then spend that money on players coming in and then repeat.

Same old same old.

People need to realise there is no 100M, get a grip FFS!

Dunno mate, think there are some out there worth a lot more.

just basing it off current market values mate.

obviously he's not the best in the world, but he has the potential to be amongst them.

he's 22. probably 6 - 8 years until he hits his prime as a defender, now playing under on of - if not the - best manager in world football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back