• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stones was on a modest wage, as was Galloway. Williams and Kone will be on substantially more, we will sign one marquee player (I'm guessing Mata but I'm not ITK, who is though) on mega money and ROM will sign a new deal for 6 figures a week wages (then leave next summer).

I am not sure why Rom would leave the league champions next summer?

Tara Mothy. Hope you enjoy Synthetic Cream FC.

Don't spend too much money lad. Pity your defending wasn't as tight as your wallet kid.

Everton are still the same.

Every season sell a player at the highest price they can get and then spend that money on players coming in and then repeat.

Same old same old.

People need to realise there is no 100M, get a grip FFS!

It was a 100m investment in the club. anyone who fully bought into the 'war chest' thing needed a head check imo.

there are certainly funds available, and i'm sure it will be a decent amount (hence agreeing fees for Witsel and Mata as well). We'll just haev to wait until the end of the window now.

I think Martinez has to carry some of the blame here, forcing his style of play on Stones who had a nightmare last season.

I wish we could have kept hold of him. The unease I feel about just how much we actually have to spend on decent targets is building.

he was the one who gave him a chance and his passing out from the back philosophy is something that plays right into stones' hands. It's the other aspects of defending which let him down.

Stones is a better ball player than he is a defender though, it'll come with time. Tad sad, but he's looked non-interested for over a year, we were never going to win him back.

just basing it off current market values mate.

obviously he's not the best in the world, but he has the potential to be amongst them.

he's 22. probably 6 - 8 years until he hits his prime as a defender, now playing under on of - if not the - best manager in world football.

Pep is a fraud. Citeh will be midtable this season thanks to not being able to defend properly in this league. Gifts galore from Stones and co.

Everton are still the same.

Every season sell a player at the highest price they can get and then spend that money on players coming in and then repeat.

Same old same old.

People need to realise there is no 100M, get a grip FFS!
Just like the last 3-4 seasons when we did nothing of this sort.

Haha, classic Everton.

If Stones didn't want out, I'd have thought there was something wrong with him. Have you seen us for the last two seasons? If you're a player with any ambition at all, you want off that sinking ship. Same with Rom - he'd need his head checking if he 100% wanted to stay. Barkley is slightly different as a boyhood blue.

The onus is on Everton to prove we're a more attractive package, not the players. And in the case of Stones, clearly he decided 12 months ago we were never going to be for him in the long term, so here we are.
correct. Some will argue otherwise and I guess that's the chicken vs egg scenario.
But, specific to Everton Football Club, its current 'malaise' (thank you El Coco) dictates Everton be the lead steer

...and old MacDonald had a farm

Are they?

Could you show you're workings out for this?

Thanks
Yeah you're right, signings like Vardy, Mahrez and Kanté for a few million combined grow on absolute trees mate.

Probably why Alex Ferguson called him the most influential person in the Premier League, cos he's just a lucky chancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back