• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate thinking of football in terms of business but this really is incredible business.

He is , no doubt , a player of good technical ability but for a defender who is error prone and can't head the ball properly to command a fee of this magnitude is insane.

£47m for the unfinished product, great business. Now replace with an experienced premier league CB and stop fielding players who are in development.

If City can push him on to read the flight of crosses and win aerial battles consistently, fair play to them, because we couldn't.
Mainly because Martinez thought defending set pieces was pointless!

Worked as in the ref gave him a very soft free kick, or could have been a fiasco. Like him falling over and costing England a goal for example.

What about when Smalling falls over and costs England goals, or Cahill?

Mistakes happen. He's 22 and one of the best at his age - there's no disputing that.

Anyway, irrelevant now. He's no longer our player

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Please do. Far too many on here throwing tantrums as it is.

Already looking at roach poles as we speak!
This is the message we need to send out though to those players who may consider coming to us
it speaks volumes really to the likes of Mata Witsel etc .... no ambition sell to buy Williams is our marquee signing ......

Every player at every club has his price. It's a shame but not unexpected, he will be ace. Transfers seemed to have kickstarted now so let's see who we replace him with

Seriously someone please print proof that Moshiri has said we have £100 million war chest. It was all paper speculation. I have no doubt he has the money. This time next year when koeman is settled in we'll see an entirely different transfer window.

On to stones, good luck to the lad. We got top dollar for somebody that has gone backwards defensively. Gutted he's gone as I believe RK would have improved him to the heights we know he can hit.

We haven't really kicked that valuation on since last summer, so in that respect it's poor business.

However, £47M for a defender who cant defend is something that I can live with.
He hardly shone in the season between though did he? And played no time at the Euros.

Good luck to him. We got good money. My only gripe is that we weren't able to get a replacement in before he left. Can imagine clubs whose players we're interested in upping the valuation knowing that we've got that kind of money in the bank and fairly desperate for a replacement.

Give me a full list of all of his signings at Bury/Chester/Hull/Newcastle/Chelsea and Leicester so we can decide if his record is good or not

Or are we just going to cherry pick the 5-6 good ones he's stumbled across

Exactly.

He has had some excellent buys but i'm sure there have been plenty of disappointments. Hopefully his choices for us will be good too, but you can't assume they are certain to be great.

He hardly shone in the season between though did he? And played no time at the Euros.
True, But look how mad prices have gone since last season.

From £40M to £47.5M isn't following that sky high trend. I'd have expected anything like £47M to have clauses added on so we benefit in the future.

The club defo didn't get top dollar on this...then again we look to have been desperate to get cash in to start our spending and, as said, the lad is 'kin useless as a defender anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back