• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought a big sale would trigger something , looks like we will get Williams now and probably another CB , Pogba going will also start some balls rolling so I can see a UTD midfielder moving out too.
Lets not be too upset about Stones , it was bound to happen , just glad it wasnt the Scumbags in west London.
I wish him all the best.

Gutted. I think he'll be world class but you can't really turn that sort of money down for someone who wants to go.

To give him some credit he's wanted to leave for over a year and has never refused to play or been whinging in the press every week.

I always thought a big sale would trigger something , looks like we will get Williams now and probably another CB , Pogba going will also start some balls rolling so I can see a UTD midfielder moving out too.
Lets not be too upset about Stones , it was bound to happen , just glad it wasnt the Scumbags in west London.
I wish him all the best.

same here

Does anyone else feel relieved that it is finally over?

I feel like a weight has been lifted off the club and for the first time I am feeling enthusiastic about the new season :pint2:

Good luck to him. We got good money. My only gripe is that we weren't able to get a replacement in before he left. Can imagine clubs whose players we're interested in upping the valuation knowing that we've got that kind of money in the bank and fairly desperate for a replacement.

Fee agreed with Swansea...£12 million for Ashley Williams. Which they have immediately spent on a striker.

The most dissapointing aspect of this for me, is that we found out via City`s CL teamsheet that it was happening.
This is when we have new board members and a director of football, it does not bode well for the future and makes us a bit of a laughing stock

Should have just announced it last night when it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back