• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pertinent line from @theesk's @grandoldteam article written ahead of this summer... #EFC

CpbysZsWAAQZU_H.jpg

I don't know why you would him to go on and be top class playing for a competitor. Bizarre.

He's a sulky tit who asked to leave two seasons in a row.

And that's not bitter.

You wouldn't ask to leave your job then if you knew another an employer wanted you and wanted to give you loads of money for same role? He's not a boyhood everton fan or anything like that. He's not sulked at any point, that's just something that suits your agenda.

Stones is replaceable. I was hoping we would get more money, but he will allow us to have a bigger spending spree (if we spend anything at all). I am comforted that we have some talented young center backs in the squad, so even if we do miss out on a CB at least we have some cover till January.

I'm not sure his career went backwards, he won the PL twice, the FA Cup and the League cup in 4 years. I Even disagree if you are saying that from a 'performance' perspective, the first league title he won he was an integral part of the team and just as important as Kompany - He was a rock for us that season. Granted, he started to lose his place during the second title win but I think if you asked him if it was a backwards step he'd definatley disagree.

Which is why I said and I mean that in terms of performances

Lescotts best playing days was with Everton. He was an absolute beast, getting MOTM awards was a regular thing, he even kept Baines out at LB. He scored twice as many goals for Everton in three seasons as he did with Man City in five. He missed two games in three years.

His first season for you was a major disappointment and every manc blue I knew thought we ripped you off. His best playing days was with Everton. This is just a fact. He was never the same player.

As for your comments on Stones, I suppose only time will tell - Totally appreciate you have watched him closely over the past few seasons and you're are in a better position to analyse but, meaning no disrespect to Everton, he won't have to 'defend' as much in a Manchester City team who control 60%+ possession most weeks. Obviously, he needs to learn how to defend (If he is that bad!) but Pep and Jose (Who i rate as the best 2 managers in the world) both wanted him which can be no coincidence surely?!
[/b]

Have you watched ANY Everton games of the past three years under Martinez? 60%+ possession was the default under Martinez.[/QUOTE]

Great deal for Everton - just haven't seen anywhere near enough to justify the fee. He can't defend - that's DEFEND - stop the opposition scoring.

Says he's joined a massive club - same club who could only half fill one stand in a semi-final against us last season.

Crack on John - we've had City's pants down.

Williams is a great centre half who will nurture a great prospect in Holgate.

Up the toffees.

You wouldn't ask to leave your job then if you knew another an employer wanted you and wanted to give you loads of money for same role? He's not a boyhood everton fan or anything like that. He's not sulked at any point, that's just something that suits your agenda.

He has sulked.

No point arguing over whether he is this or that as everyone will draw their own conclusions.

The wording on the official site is all you need to go off whether you have inside knowledge or not. No thanks, just sold.

probably the least arsed I've been about a player leaving in a long time. Not arsed about potential, gonna be a world beater, quality centre back. If you don't want to play for Everton Football Club and realise it is a privilege ( yes even in this day and age of money grabbing tossers it is a privilege to play for Everton ) then jog on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back