• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
So money can buy you Stones and for me there was no doubt that if you rewind 12 months the die was set then and the ramifications for not biting the bullit then where clear to see as the season unfolded.I personally believe there is far too much hype about him as a defender and he will be trying so hard to prove himself and like Sterling I feel he will quickly be found out when stepping up a level for his mistakes will be anaylised to a far greater degree and there won't be the same acceptance or allowances made based on his age or perceived level of experience. Man City are paying for the finished product whereas some will say its potential but that's hard to justify
I think in terms of finances alone it's a great bit of business for Everton but again if you turn the clock back 12 months one of the major reasons that people said he couldn't be sold was that a suitable replacement hadn't been found so close to the start of the season and whilst Williams may be coming in that is far from certain

I think that was the plan until Man City blew it with the CL squad list.

Based on the amount of commercial activity already taking place at Man city I very much doubt that they would be waiting for what could be a few more days I also doubt that would have been agreeable to him being excluded from the CL qualification squad

It's done. Hope he gets his head right. Can't have been fun these past 12 months. Our defense will improve with Williams but it would have been nice to see Stones in his prime, if he reaches it.

Bought for 3 mill ....sold for 47.... Got nearly 100 PL starts out of him and he has been replaced by a guy for 12 mill who in the short term is arguably as good if not better.
I really think Holgate is going to be the real deal. Good business....lets see what we do with the rest of the squad.

Yes mate, you're a better judge of talent than mourinho, pep, terry, ferdinand and pique

He's an amazing talent and will be this countries best defender for many years to come
And so are you, I'm guessing?

He is an amazing potential top, top defender, but potentials are often never fulfilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back