• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are his failings...and what a list it is for a centre back!

I said from the get go that the lad was not someone who could be put at the heart of a defence. He is a terrible defender. Not even close to CL class and he'll be utterly ribboned in that tournament if Guardiola throws him in against top quality.

He has talent, no question. But he has to be played as a deep lying midfielder who can collect the ball off the defence and start attacks. He can be Carrick class if he's lucky. That would be the sort of role he'd thrive in. leave him at CB and watch £47M get flushed down the bog.

That is exactly what I have been saying, cheers Dave. And it is how Pep will play him.

Jagielka leaving would be superb.

Howard, Alacarez, Jagielka,...just Baines to go, then and I'm like a pig in smelly brown stuff.

Have to agree think this at best should be his last season, if he can be moved on for a decent fee - great. As for Baines problem is no back up apart from Garbutt, Oviedo is not a LB. Think Baines is in the twilight now so to speak.

Laughing at you thinking he ran from the pitch cos he didnt enjoy getting beat.

Do you even realise how many games we lost in his time at the club.

Anyway, hes not our player anymore, so feel free to slate him as much as you like, ive made my thoughts clear.

Its like you WANT Oviedo at LB.
I think Galloway impressed Koeman there against S'ton last season.

Cant be arsed now with FBs bombing on and doing nothing and also being hopeless at defending. Whatever Baines had going forward he lost it a while back. Just give us a defensive performance and that'll do.

yes he wanted out but it just looks like the same old Everton we sell to buy this warchest must be at the bottom of the sea empty!

And looks are the most meaningless thing in the history of football to results.

I, for one, am really tired of the last several years of things looking so great, and ending up so miserable on the pitch.

Cant be arsed now with FBs bombing on and doing nothing and also being hopeless at defending. Whatever Baines had going forward he lost it a while back. Just give us a defensive performance and that'll do.

So should Luke be given a chance?

Oh wow.when did you come back

From the BBC

Most expensive defenders ever

Here's the five most expensive defenders ever:

2014 - David Luiz £50m (Chelsea to Paris St-Germain)

2016 - John Stones £47.5m (Everton to Manchester City)

2012 - Thiago Silva £36m (AC Milan to Paris St-Germain)

2014 - Eliaquim Mangala £32m (Porto to Manchester City)

2015 - Nicolas Otamendi £32m (Valencia to Manchester City)

Blimey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back