• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I going to miss Stones? Yes. He has the potential to be one of the best CBs in the league. But he isn't that right now and we all know about his liabilities in defense. We got a great deal for a player that just has hype and potential surrounding him. Good job Everton.

A sad day in the history of Everton Football Club.

Young John is a talented boy, but most of all he is a nice young lad, he wanted out, he wanted to better himself, for over 12months now, not a single word was uttered in the press, there were no tantrums, no 6 goals versus Arsenal.

1 of footballs good guys.

I wish him nothing but success and joy, but most of all thanks for the 40m, not bad for a defender who cant head a ball.

NSNO

No one denies he is talented but like the great 5 a side player we all knew who was crap in proper games on grass he is a liability/luxury.Also he may not have publicly declared his desire to leave but his request to leave the pitch at Anfield was nearly as unforgivable as him having his ear pierced.

No one denies he is talented but like the great 5 a side player we all knew who was [Poor language removed] in proper games on grass he is a liability/luxury.Also he may not publicly declared his desire to leave but his request to leave the pitch at the [Poor language removed] was nearly unforgivable as him having his ear pierced.

Find some soap and wash your mouth out.

Would love to see you play football with a runny bum infront of 40k people.

why did we need a big sale to ttrigger it off after all we had an alleged 100 million pound war chest - it would have been maybe more acceptable if 3-4 players had been snapped up in the correct aeas and if Galloway goes out on loan I am even more disgusted!

You are right , you know what these things are like though or at least how they appear to us.

Maybe we didnt buy because then City would know we had cover so price comes down.
now we have sold we might be up for ransom by Swansea on Williams who know we need a CB desperately.
Its like a chain in house buying , who knows.
They do seem to clammer in all at once.
I gave up on the 100million making a major impact a while ago.
I am more concerned about the alleged marquee signing thats supposed to kick start us back to glory.
Galloway going on loan to me means there is another signing coming too.
I would expect as I said another midfielder , possibly Schneiderlin coming in , could mean we lose another midfielder too.

And Vinny Samways to sign on deadline day after 11pm

Good afternoon all. Interesting reading your comments, I for one am extremely happy with the signing, I'm not going to come on here and pretend I've watched John Stones every minute of every game over the past 12 months so interesting to hear your views on his lack of defensive ability - As everyone seems to agree though, he is an extremley talented ball player with huge potential. Personally I think it's a very good deal all round - Pep gets the player he's wanted since the start (it seems), Everton get a very good price for a 22 year old Defender and JS gets the move he clearly wanted.

I believe if there is a Manager in world football to help him reach his potential, Pep is that Manager - I really do think he will thrive our team. Even if is defending isn't the best at the moment, he's young and still learning his trade - In all honesty, I don't actually think he was signed for his defending (Seems strange saying that about a CB!) but for his clear ability to bring the ball out of defence and link with the midfield - something Pep has had in previous sides and one of the reasons his tactics have been so successful.

It will be interesting to see how he develops but I feel this is a signing we desperately needed. Anything is an improvement on Mangala trust me. If (And it's a big IF) we can get Kompany fit, these 2 at CB could be a great partnership.

On a separate note, good to see a big % on here wishing him well or at the very least not ripping him to shreds - a team on the other side of Stanley Park could learn a thing or 2.

I agree this is probably a deal that will work out for all parties in the end.

It's good for us as we've pocketed 28 million (depending on what the sell on deal with Barnsley is) and a player who at the moment is a better defender and leader. I'm confident we will get more points with Williams than we would have had with Stones in the team.

For city they are getting someone who does have bags of potential. He is a Rolls Royce of a player, in a team like city where for most of the match you are going forward he may not make so many mistakes. He will suit Pep's style of play but he needs to cut out the silly errors.

I don't hold any grudges with him leaving, we've turned 3 million into 40 and that will hopefully allow us to progress. It's not like the Lescott situation where we wanted him to stay but he wanted the money and forced it through with little time to find a replacement. (remember City were a work in progress at the time also)

This time we have done it on our terms.

In an ideal world it would have been nice to keep him and see him progress here, but he wanted to go and if you don't want to play for Everton football club then bye!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back