• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not convinced that Pep has done a full due diligence on what sort of defender he is getting and I'm very far from convinced that defensive life is suddenly going to get a lot rosier for Stones. Another coach wanting the 'stay classy, foot on the ball and pass the ball out' stuff is not what Stones needs to become a better defender. Then again, Stones has chosen Pep here as much as the other way round, attracted by the thought he won't have to change anything in his game.

That's because Guardiola will be sensible enough to realise that Stones poor season was 100% down to Martinez.

I am still quizzical as why neither Mourinho or Chelsea came back though if it was purely down to Martinez being poor.
Chelsea need a centre half still.

John had looked rubbish in pre season under Koeman too, where as VVD and Fonte improved greatly under Koeman.

I am still quizzical as why neither Mourinho or Chelsea came back though if it was purely down to Martinez being poor.
Chelsea need a centre half still.

John had looked rubbish in pre season under Koeman too, where as VVD and Fonte improved greatly under Koeman.
He didn't want to be here would be my thought.

I'm not convinced that Pep has done a full due diligence on what sort of defender he is getting and I'm very far from convinced that defensive life is suddenly going to get a lot rosier for Stones. Another coach wanting the 'stay classy, foot on the ball and pass the ball out' stuff is not what Stones needs to become a better defender. Then again, Stones has chosen Pep here as much as the other way round, attracted by the thought he won't have to change anything in his game.

I could be proved wrong but I genuinely think Citeh will struggle. I expect them to do well in Europe though as they appear to have a side better suited to that competition than the dog eat dog domestic league.

We have, once again, lost one of the finest young players of his generation.
Can't blame him one bit for leaving, our clubs lack of ambition becomes more obvious with each passing day.

He didn't want to be here would be my thought.

But in that case then his lack of professionalism will effect him at the Etihad should he make mistakes (which he will). I expect him to have a similar season to Stirling. An explosive start followed by a slippy slide of self doubt and ridicule at the price tag.

I could be proved wrong but I genuinely think Citeh will struggle. I expect them to do well in Europe though as they appear to have a side better suited to that competition than the dog eat dog domestic league.

I doubt Pep has even considered the notion of how to defend set pieces against the likes of West Brom, Stoke, Palace, Sunderland, West Ham..

But in that case then his lack of professionalism will effect him at the Etihad should he make mistakes (which he will). I expect him to have a similar season to Stirling. An explosive start followed by a slippy slide of self doubt and ridicule at the price tag.
We shall see. I'm betting he will be fantastic. I'm basing that on the absolute fact inside the last 12 months the 2 best managers in world football want/ed him. He's wonderful and the biggest talent we have lost since Rooney. Also the first player since Arteta that Evertonians (in the main) didn't want to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back