• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is cos he is a normal lad.

I was nattering with a Newcastle fan the other day about Stones, and he made the point that perhaps we dont always appreciate. Word for word, he said, "Thing about Everton, you never seem to have bellends as players".

True dat.
Lot of credit goes to both to Moyes and Martinez for that, they both have been clear that they look at off pitch issues as well as the talent of the players. And to the acedemy staff, in interviews at least all the U21s/U18s seem to have their feet on the ground.

I think it is cos he is a normal lad.

I was nattering with a Newcastle fan the other day about Stones, and he made the point that perhaps we dont always appreciate. Word for word, he said, "Thing about Everton, you never seem to have bellends as players".

True dat.

We do, but they dont last long.

/waves at Sammy Ets

Might've been wrong @LinekersLegs ...could swear it was Jags, maybe this was a diff moment.

i

was he 1 of the 3 best players on the pitch today? i put him in my fantasy team this season purely because i thought with all the press nonsense, every eye will be on him and i was right it seems as he got 1 bonus point today.

Was disgusted with (I'd guess BT) today. Was watching the lad after the teams came out, stood waiting for kick off and a jeb camera man was in his face.

Imagine trying to concentrate on the game, moments away, with that and imagining the obvious commentary which will be involved:"is this Chelseas next signing?"

It's like we don't deserve him.

All that said, he was boss today. I like that he's starting to realise how good he is, and that confidence is coming out with a shade of arrogance which all top players need imo.

david pleat was on radio 5 giving us nice compliments and said how jags and stones where very noticeable in their luminous yellow and blue boots respectively.

the idiot who was co-commentating said "chelsea blue you would say"

think it was that sam matterface idiot - do these clowns not think! we weren't wearing blue today so it doesn't count that we ever wear blue!

No doubt. Sky, BBC & Telegraph seem to think we have no right to have decent players. Bet Barkley to City will pop up again.

Window needs to shut pdq

For sure.

If Ross carries on in this vein we will be put through the Stones saga with him all next summer.

Lot of credit goes to both to Moyes and Martinez for that, they both have been clear that they look at off pitch issues as well as the talent of the players. And to the acedemy staff, in interviews at least all the U21s/U18s seem to have their feet on the ground.

But even before that.

We ne er

Good to see him trying (often succeeding) to bully physically bigger players, blocking them, pulling them
That was very noticeable to me as well.i thought he was outstanding yesterday and was it looks like the the physical side of his game has gone up a notch to match his composure. Considering everything that's happening at the moment it was very impressive. We must do everything in our power to keep this gem of a player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back