John Textor / Everton Takeover

Hasnt he:

1: Accused Brazilian refs of corruption ans then accused the findings of clear bias (judgement from a Palmeiras fan).

Clearly corruption seemed to be in play...

2: Stated PSG being owned by Qatar is against European law.

Straight shooter.
There are ways of doing things Zat and his way is not how you go about things. This will fall apart like every other takeover imo.

Is Textor rich enough, it’s not clear how much cash he has?. Or would there be other investors involved alongside him?
I read that his purchase of Palace was done so (partly??) with PIK loans.
I see all manner of issues with this deal as it stands.
Seems a long long way to it becoming real.
And then, is Textor any good or a charlatan? Can he actually run a football club well (yet to be convinced by even that).

More questions than answers right now , watch this space I guess

The fella is passionate about football, see his fume on th3 pitch when his Brazillian club lost.

But equally seems less careless than Moshiri, but this makes me less excited than Friedkin, who I hope will end up being involved.

But ultimately, what's the point? If he can't sell his shares, he can't buy us?

Forgive me for being a simpleton but is this actually a thing? People have to pay a fee to go into exclusivity? :lol: :lol:
Yes, believe it or not. It's pretty common in the US, not sure about the UK. It's usually presented as a discovery fee to cover access to a data room, legal/consultant fees incurred by the selling party.

I read that his purchase of Palace was done so (partly??) with PIK loans.
I see all manner of issues with this deal as it stands.
Seems a long long way to it becoming real.
And then, is Textor any good or a charlatan? Can he actually run a football club well (yet to be convinced by even that).

More questions than answers right now , watch this space I guess
Palace aren’t ran badly to be fair, yeah he isn’t in full control in any way, but he also owns Lyon. I wonder how their fans view him?

Why can't this be done without exclusivity I don't know. Everyone should be able to see the books, ask questions and if they still want/can buy the club, then you get a period of exclusivity to finalise the purchase.
Gives the potential buyer comfort that any expenditure (time and money) incurred wont be wasted due to the seller going off on a tangent with another interested party.
Pretty standard in M&A.

You want an owner that's potentially going to get us involved in loads of potential legal stuff because he can't keep his gob shut. Each to their own I guess.
There is nothing to say that would happen here .
But f it means we are no longer seen as the Prems whipping boys then yes.

The VAR decisions , the bent refereeing we have received, the 1st player to get a retrospective ban , the first to be deducted points all without a whimper.
Sick of just accepting everything that gets thrown at this club.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.