John Textor / Everton Takeover

What I learnt from that video (cheers @Nymzee) is that the Palace shares are nowhere near sold and nothing like as valuable as Textor thinks they are.

45% stake for 25% of the vote isn't a good deal for any new money going into that club. He's talking up his vision, but, he's sunk too much in Palace, broken Lyon and isn't going to get anywhere near Everton no matter how hard he talks it up.

But, again, those sums we owe, the complexity of the 777 loan, the amounts Moshiri has wasted. We're just not worth the amounts needed and the hassle in our current form.
A succinct summary.

It's all very "finger in the air" but also very damning of Moshiri scatter gun approach and where it has brought us to. Edge of the abyss.

Just listened to it mate.

Something and nothing, wasn't it?

Basically he's saying what we all knew to be the case: he has to shift those Palace shares, and until then the rest is log-jammed.

He's not saying Textor cant or won't do it.

I really cant see what the hullabaloo was over that video. If we'd won our last game it wouldn't have even been mithered with, but everything has to be doom now.

🤷‍♂️
And Elvis is dead.

Not sure why people hang on his every word.
We all know the situation , it's not ground breaking news from him.

I'le repeat this
Why would anyone involved with deal tell him anything ?
At the very least it could compromise any outcome , that's why there's an "Exclusivity period"
It still may or may not happen as with most complex takeover deals . So until then there will be no news. Plus it certainly won't be divulged to a journo wanting a scoop.

And Elvis is dead.

Not sure why people hang on his every word.
We all know the situation , it's not ground breaking news from him.

I'le repeat this
Why would anyone involved with deal tell him anything ?
At the very least it could compromise any outcome , that's why there's an "Exclusivity period"
It still may or may not happen as with most complex takeover deals . So until then there will be no news. Plus it certainly won't be divulged to a journo wanting a scoop.

dunno esk. but agree why don’t they tell me or you? why esk?

Theres a deal to be had at Everton.
It'll depend on how the courts rule on the 777 issue.
I'd say the Friedkin group are in pole position still.
Definitely in their interests to step back and see what other deals people try to put together untill the 777 stuff is sorted.
Once it is, they just swoop back in and buy out that debt.

that’s to long away

we’re a mess it needs sorting asap

Theres a deal to be had at Everton.
It'll depend on how the courts rule on the 777 issue.
I'd say the Friedkin group are in pole position still.
Definitely in their interests to step back and see what other deals people try to put together untill the 777 stuff is sorted.
Once it is, they just swoop back in and buy out that debt.
I don’t think the Friedkin group are as interested as some think .
They will make some money out of the loan at some point.
They vanished at the first sign of difficulties, I’d prefer someone who actually wanted to own us enough to take a risk.

What I learnt from that video (cheers @Nymzee) is that the Palace shares are nowhere near sold and nothing like as valuable as Textor thinks they are.

45% stake for 25% of the vote isn't a good deal for any new money going into that club. He's talking up his vision, but, he's sunk too much in Palace, broken Lyon and isn't going to get anywhere near Everton no matter how hard he talks it up.

But, again, those sums we owe, the complexity of the 777 loan, the amounts Moshiri has wasted. We're just not worth the amounts needed and the hassle in our current form.

@Goat @davek didn't I say this at the start? 🤷‍♂️

I may also add that Slater and The Esk tend to retweet each others points of view.

Read into that what you want

So now you're saying Matt Slater is an agent of The Esk's 🤣

People need to take the tin foil hats off. It's getting embarrassing

Also before the same people start Bell and Downing and Dell are not interested in buying Everton. Nor are MSP 🤷‍♂️ they're all now away into the sunset

Moshiri is nowhere near the level of Kenwright.
He has made a mess of things, but he pumped hundreds of millions in to the club, renovated the outside of Goodison so it looks half decent, built all the hub on Spellow Lane and the disabled centre. He has also never lied to the face of fans for the benefit of earning his friends a few million quid.
Moshiri has dropped us in the biggest hole we have ever been in over the last few seasons, only barely avoiding relegation has saved the club from complete destruction.

The new stadium is the one exception during his disastrous tenure even though the funding is typical of everything he has done since the money of the real owner, Usmanov, dried up .

The new stadium is probably the only thing making us worth buying just now and that is down to the man who owns over 94% of the club.

So now you're saying Matt Slater is an agent of The Esk's 🤣

People need to take the tin foil hats off. It's getting embarrassing

Also before the same people start Bell and Downing and Dell are not interested in buying Everton. Nor are MSP 🤷‍♂️ they're all now away into the sunset
Has he sold his Palace shares yet?

I'm sure you'll let us know when or if it happens, as you seem to have good sources 😉

Hasn't got the money or the backing he needs, another playing pass the parcel with loans & debts and seeking to hoodwink others with a stock float.

Suits Moshiri as he needs to play this game for as long as possible to keep himself in the public eye before the vultures swoop on his oligarch linked vulnerability.
Could be.

My default position has always been this: we fans dont know what the full situation is and neither do the 'wellsourced' journalists.

What you saw today from Matt Slater was someone frustrated that they're on the outside and and dont have the foggiest, really, about what's going on. So they use the fact that nothing is being fed to them as 'proof' that nothing is, in fact, going on.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.