John Textor

Pretty much this.

Not sure about this...its money at the end of the day.

I think pretty much everything you've posted is accurate and obvious.

However, if Usmanov was going to get a substantial amount of capital over to Moshiri there is a major hurdle.

The onus on showing 'source of funds' is all on Moshiri.

He'd need to show where the money came from and who was the person behind it.

Doing that for several hundred million pounds...is challenging.

Investigative journalists at the very least would be all over it.

Id love to know how someone can prove the source of funds on hundreds of millions of pounds.

We arent talking about two entities or two people here...Everton is in the public eye.

Moshiri is already a billionaire mate. He would have to inject the money regardless. Could his business dealings in other areas then keep his wealth topped up? Or make him more wealthy? Absolutely.

He has this view in his mind, that is just utter nonsense trying to tell everyone that Usmanov is involved at Everton post-sanctions or still with Moshiri.

Now he's trying to tell us all that the Sanctions regime means nothing. It makes my brain hurt reading what he's saying.

He has no comprehension of "secondary sanctions" and the like which are already being talked about at international level.

What will happen as always happens. There will be enforcement taken and then it will be very high profile and an example will be made of specific cases of those breaking sanctions.

Those who are aware of it, will also incriminate themselves if they do not report it, as it's conspiracy (conspiring to allow it to happen). Sanctions regime doesn't just apply to companies, it applies to individual citizens, by virtue of their citizenship.

If he's stupid enough to be involved in it or be aware of it and not report it, he's going to get what is coming to him. Ultimately.

This is the same poster that was trying to tell the forum, that Textor could take Everton over by putting his Crystal Palace shares in a "blind trust" despite the Premier League rulebook prohibiting that. By the way.

I have no idea if Usmanov has interest in being involved at Everton, but I'm pretty sure that if he wanted to ensure Moshiri had sufficient resources to throw a few hundred million in to Everton, then it could be done easily enough. Moshiri is already a billionaire anyway.

I have no idea if Usmanov has interest in being involved at Everton, but I'm pretty sure that if he wanted to ensure Moshiri had sufficient resources to throw a few hundred million in to Everton, then it could be done easily enough. Moshiri is already a billionaire anyway.

Everton Football Club, Company Ltd. bank has to check on the origin of funds

If there is any hint that it is coming from or is being used for the benefit of Usmanov, they have to report it or they're liable

Those within the club would also have liability if they facilitated it

If there is any hint that it is coming from or is being used for the benefit of Usmanov, they have to report it or they're liable

Moshiri was using his USM dividends to cover Everton. Now he has no access to that money

Moshiri is already a billionaire mate. He would have to inject the money regardless. Could his business dealings in other areas then keep his wealth topped up? Or make him more wealthy? Absolutely.

Moshiri is a paper billionaire and his net worth increases each year. I posted on here about it increasing substantially during covid.

I disagree. He'll have done the sponsorship route when he could have simply transferred capital over for a reason --Probably FFP.

Anyone can see that for Moshiri & Usmanov this is a terrible time to sell.

The best time would be once the stadium is ready and the debts are cleared off.

Why hasnt this happened if the capital is accessible?

What about if the origin of funds is the 1+ billion our owner is currently worth? Pretty sure his other 'business interests' would have him earning more money back fairly soon.

Correct. As i posted above, source of funds.

You can bypass the government i imagine (lol) but you cant bypass the investigative journalists and those who really want answers.

I doubt moshiri wants to risk jail.

Moshiri was using his USM dividends to cover Everton. Now he has no access to that money

Another good point.

Exactly. Things changed in February 2022.

I've read what Richard Kenyon claimed in his evidence to the Premier League PSR independent commission and/or the appeal commission. From his commercial perspective regarding the USM sponsorship.

The sanctions regime was a topic within it.

I found some of it laughable, but it is there in black and white

Seems like you’ve had lots of “days off” recently with the amount you post.

Fingers crossed he sells them soon, so our esteemed owner can do one.

I'm the boss. I have others working for me.

If Usmanov could safely funnel cash to Everton, I'm sure he would have already by now and not watch his investment crumble.

Exactly.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back