John Textor

If the war ended tomorrow the sanctions would stay in place for some time perhaps years.

Relations with Russia are at an all time low and won't improve whilst Putin remains in control

Moshiri isn't sanctioned anyway, and if Usmanov wanted to fund us through him still then sanctions would have absolutely no impact on him doing so.

The impact of sanctions on Everton was only through things that couldn't be obfuscated such as direct sponsorship from Russian companies.

Anyone thinking Moshiri stopped spending due to Usmanov being sanctioned, erm, no, just as prior to 2022 Moshiri was acting as a conduit for Usmanovs money, if he wanted to bankroll us he'd be doing it in the exact same manner.

Not like sanctions have effected Uzzy, he's became about 2.5bn richer over the past two years.

Moshiri isn't sanctioned anyway, and if Usmanov wanted to fund us through him still then sanctions would have absolutely no impact on him doing so.

The impact of sanctions on Everton was only through things that couldn't be obfuscated such as direct sponsorship from Russian companies.

Anyone thinking Moshiri stopped spending due to Usmanov being sanctioned, erm, no, just as prior to 2022 Moshiri was acting as a conduit for Usmanovs money, if he wanted to bankroll us he'd be doing it in the exact same manner.

Not like sanctions have effected Uzzy, he's became about 2.5bn richer over the past two years.

The sanctions apply to the providing Usmanov "economic resource" "directly or indirectly". This can be tangible or intangible economic resource.

Anyone doing so could face up to 7 years in prison

There's so much wrong in your post I just can't cover it all in a single post

Sanctions don't stop Uzzy making money - they stop him using his money in our markets.

The sanctions apply to the providing Usmanov "economic resource" "directly or indirectly". This can be tangible or intangible economic resource.

Anyone doing so could face up to 7 years in prison

There's so much wrong in your post I just can't cover it all in a single post

Try to cover it mate, I'm all 👂.

But I'll explain as you seem a bit errrm clueless, Usmanov funded the club through essentially giving his accountant his entire source of wealth as a 'thank you', basically creating a vehicle (Moshiri) who can be used by Usmanov when and how he saw fit. Originally he used him to co purchase a large stake in arsenal jointly - the effect of Moshiri is having a clean name attached to usmanovs who has a dubious reputation.

The entire source of the money used to buy the stake in arsenal was make no doubt about it usmanovs.

When departing arsenal Usmanov then pays Moshiri for his stake at way above the market value, seems strange until you factor in he paid for the shares initially and this was just a method of creating a large firm of liquidity for Moshiri which could not be tied in any legal way as Usmanov being the background funder - although anyone with eyes could see what was happening (you couldn't btw as i remember you arguing with me that Moshiri was completely independent - ooops that didn't age very well did it 😂 )

Moshiri then purchase Everton and sinks his own money (usmanovs in truth) I to the club.

But you think that sanctions now would stop all ability of Usmanov doing similar funding through Moshiri? How exactly when there is zero paper trail or ability for the league to know what money Moshiri is spending?

As for the seven years in prison mate, lol, what world are you moving in where you think sanctions actually stop billionaires and companies circumnavigating these with ease.

Btw I'm currently smoking french cigarettes - banned under sanctions, drinking coke - banned under sanctions, wearing a pair of Nike - banned under sanctions.

A bit later on I'll likely play the PS5 online - system banned for sale, network banned as well, but still works.

Yup Usmanov would really struggle to find a way to fund the club still ...

Never wondered why unlike Abramovic - Moshiri was not forced into a show same of the club btw? Because they can't prove he isn't the independent owner

Sanctions don't stop Uzzy making money - they stop him using his money in our markets.

But they don't stop Moshiri doing so as he's not sanctioned.

And Moshiris money is funneled to him from Usmanov but they have no way of proving it legally.

Again.

The effect on Everton was the inability now to have commercial deals with Usmanov and russian connected firms.

The knock on effect wasn't that Usmanov could no longer just funnel money in via his proxy, but rather he seemed to make the decision to not bother doing so anymore (likely as he now saw a limit on the commercial funding boosting the club's revenue stream to enable growth)

But I'll explain as you seem a bit errrm clueless, Usmanov funded the club through essentially giving his accountant his entire source of wealth as a 'thank you', basically creating a vehicle (Moshiri) who can be used by Usmanov when and how he saw fit. Originally he used him to co purchase a large stake in arsenal jointly - the effect of Moshiri is having a clean name attached to usmanovs who has a dubious reputation.

The entire source of the money used to buy the stake in arsenal was make no doubt about it usmanovs.

When departing arsenal Usmanov then pays Moshiri for his stake at way above the market value, seems strange until you factor in he paid for the shares initially and this was just a method of creating a large firm of liquidity for Moshiri which could not be tied in any legal way as Usmanov being the background funder - although anyone with eyes could see what was happening (you couldn't btw as i remember you arguing with me that Moshiri was completely independent - ooops that didn't age very well did it 😂 )

Moshiri then purchase Everton and sinks his own money (usmanovs in truth) I to the club.

But you think that sanctions now would stop all ability of Usmanov doing similar funding through Moshiri? How exactly when there is zero paper trail or ability for the league to know what money Moshiri is spending?

As for the seven years in prison mate, lol, what world are you moving in where you think sanctions actually stop billionaires and companies circumnavigating these with ease.

Btw I'm currently smoking french cigarettes - banned under sanctions, drinking coke - banned under sanctions, wearing a pair of Nike - banned under sanctions.

A bit later on I'll likely play the PS5 online - system banned for sale, network banned as well, but still works.

Never wondered why unlike Abramovic - Moshiri was not forced into a show same of the club btw? Because they can't prove he isn't the independent owner

You're confusing what pre sanctions was to post sanctions (February 2022)

🙄 you say I'm all ears then proceed to try and tell me international trade sanctions compliance doesn't apply

I do this for a living. Advising people not to break sanctions. Because it will be very very very bad for them.

I find your view of this typical of someone with no knowledge of it or how the law works

But they don't stop Moshiri doing so as he's not sanctioned.

And Moshiris money is funneled to him from Usmanov but they have no way of proving it legally.

Again.

The effect on Everton was the inability now to have commercial deals with Usmanov and russian connected firms.

The knock on effect wasn't that Usmanov could no longer just funnel money in via his proxy, but rather he seemed to make the decision to not bother doing so anymore (likely as he now saw a limit on the commercial funding boosting the club's revenue stream to enable growth)

Jesus wept

There are rumours they have fallen out.

There is a school of thought, that 777 monies may in some way be linked back to AU. That money would appear near a deadline to keep it from going into admin, as half the football media said.

There is another view, that AU has basically allowed lots of other people to find the club and stadium for the last 2 years, and many may not be paid back.

Can't take anyone seriously who choses to live under such a regime.

It's a shame as you otherwise make some excellent and well reasoned points but on this one mate you truly have a Russian blind spot

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back