John Textor

This is the sticking point for Textor isn`t it? The only offers according to Matt Slater for his shares is the current shareholders who will only pay what he paid for them c£85m-£100m but he values them at 45% of what he feels the club is worth c£500m.

You`d have to say Matt appears to be correct given the lack of movement.

So the answer is no, he is looking for 1/2 of what we owe 777/Friedkin but in reality he will get a quarter of that.

That's part of my skepticism on the whole reports - i doubt there will be much interest in his Palace stake, for one - why would pay to the be the biggest shareholder in a company when you only have one third of a say with minority shareholders and have no operating control. Two - if you are serious about selling a stake, you don't go public about your interest in investing in a better opportunity elsewhere in the same industry - one, it creates a deadline and leverages down your negotiating position and 2, why would you buy it, when someone else is jumping ship in the same industry - for what they perceive is a bettor opportunity.

I think its all smoke and mirrors.

Nothing I've seen around any of this convinces me its legitimate.

No.

The club is not worth £1b.

A debt free Everton in the PL is about £400m.

Stadiums add only a fraction of their build cost value.

Forbes has it at about 600 million, which is probably about right considering there have been many parties interested around that price.

And yes, too many people confuse the cost of building stadium with it's value.

Rather like Kenwright, Moshiri began by looking for investors rather than selling the club.
Obviously the the fact his wealth is closely linked to the sanctioned Usmanov has meant he has liquidity problems , especially with regards to completing the stadium.
I am increasingly of the opinion ( shared by others on here) that he would prefer not to sell.
I would not be at all surprised to see Moshiri survive this period of financial difficulties while retaining ownership or at least a substantial interest.
If he truly wanted to sell I believe we would have been sold by now.

Rather like Kenwright, Moshiri began by looking for investors rather than selling the club.
Obviously the the fact his wealth is closely linked to the sanctioned Usmanov has meant he has liquidity problems , especially with regards to completing the stadium.
I am increasingly of the opinion ( shared by others on here) that he would prefer not to sell.
I would not be at all surprised to see Moshiri survive this period of financial difficulties while retaining ownership or at least a substantial interest.
If he truly wanted to sell I believe we would have been sold by now.
I personally feel that he is likely resigned to selling, but only at a price where he walks away with 'something'. The issue is that we're financially in a dire mess.

When you combine our precarious league position with the sizeable debt and unfavourable terms he has straddled us with, it means it can be a difficult sell.

Unless he is willing to reduce the asking price, thus reduce what he walks away with, we aren't going to be sold any time soon.

If he can ride the wave of discontent and financial mess until we're clear, he will be a happy man, although it's going to be difficult!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back