John Textor / Everton Takeover

Sure, they can do that.

But then the City owners buy half the league and "side pocket" the shares.

No, that wont happen, but theres a reason these rules exist.

Its not a problem, the utter clown just needs to sell his Palace shares and then there is no conflict.
Yeah. I just see this as a technical issue which has various solutions. I do not think this will break the deal. (Our mad lending with gangsters might … lol)

Won’t the guy just agree to “side pocket” his CP shares until sold and therefore relinquish control ?

Pretty sure he can talk through options with PL who will ultimately want all PL clubs to be stable. Remove the Conflict of Interest issue and get on

He's not allowed to do that. Blind trusts aren't allowed. "Indirect" "significant interests" are not allowed

A breach of this could lead to Everton's membership of the Premier League being suspended under Rule G

A "significant interest" is defined as more than 10% directly or indirectly.

This means "blind trusts" are not allowed

1723807739205.png

1723807642601.png

Sure, they can do that.

Its not a problem, the utter clown just needs to sell his Palace shares and then there is no conflict.

Agreed. Sell the Crystal Palace shares FIRST

Before trying to acquire another club

Prospective buyers (or anyone external - other than Auditors, potentially) dont get FULL access to any information. Financial or otherwise under a Heads of terms or a period of exclusivity.

They get access to a "Data Room" (Basically a secure file sharing site) that Everton will create and agree what data (financial and otherwise) that would be relevant to any buyers that should be added and made available. Everton will have full control over what is shared, buyers can request more info and Everton can decide if its relevant or how to control access or use etc.

(Your talking like we just give them an user account on our ERP and let them wire in with full access to everything!)

Please post more.

Prospective buyers (or anyone external - other than Auditors, potentially) dont get FULL access to any information. Financial or otherwise under a Heads of terms or a period of exclusivity.

They get access to a "Data Room" (Basically a secure file sharing site) that Everton will create and agree what data (financial and otherwise) that would be relevant to any buyers that should be added and made available. Everton will have full control over what is shared, buyers can request more info and Everton can decide if its relevant or how to control access or use etc.

(Your talking like we just give them a user account on our ERP and let them wire in with full access to everything!)
Jesus that’s even more scary then…..we allowed TFG access to data we thought was good to share and they still legged it - imagine what the information is like they didn’t share…..proper horror show stuff 😄

Sure, they can do that.

He can't even sign an agreement to purchase the club as that could be by virtue of a contract to purchase - be considered as him having a "beneficial interest" even before shares are transfered

This whole thing is a very bad idea and it reminds me of the days when people said Everton would never fall foul of FFP/STTC/P&S

You recall? When they said it meant nothing?

An 8 point deduction later and those people who think the rules don't apply to us look very stupid

It's more Moshiri taking risks with the club because he's a reckless idiot

He's not allowed to do that. Blind trusts aren't allowed. "Indirect" "significant interests" are not allowed

A breach of this could lead to Everton's membership of the Premier League being suspended under Rule G

View attachment 269131
View attachment 269129

Indirect interests just means not owning something directly i.e. owning it through another corporate structure. We have no idea how the EPL would approach this issue.

He can't even sign an agreement to purchase the club as that could be by virtue of a contract to purchase - be considered as him having a "beneficial interest" even before shares are transfered

This whole thing is a very bad idea and it reminds me of the days when people said Everton would never fall foul of FFP/STTC/P&S

An 8 point deduction later and those people who think the rules don't apply to us look very stupid

I noticed you vaulted some of my posts from 2016 regarding FPP, you do realise posts I make in 2016 have no relevance to something that happened 8 years later, right?

But anyway, he can explore the prospect of buying Everton as much as he likes.

But yes, until he disposes of his Palace shares there is nothing to be done.

😂A contract to purchase which is subject to conditions doesn’t create a beneficial interest. Are you a lawyer?

Indirect interests just means not owning something directly i.e. owning it through another corporate structure. We have no idea how the EPL would approach this issue.

I know what "indirect" means :dodgy:

We do how they would approach it

I quoted the rulebook about it. Its PROHIBITED

View attachment 269131
View attachment 269129

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back