John Textor

He does sound a bit mental though doesn't he. But kinda mental in a goodish way... I think..
Yeah it sounds a bit mental because it’s different to the usual clinical, triple PR checked statements you get from everyone in football from clubs to players, but I quite like it. It’s just a guy writing his own words in his own voice. It shouldn’t be as unusual as it is really.

Nah he’s just a cowboy. Talks up his success in that post, why’s he not telling us about the mess Lyon are currently in. Why’s he not explaining why he’s so chummy and helpful to the Forest owner.

My gut says he’s dodgy and I trust my gut in football.

The first stuff rang alarm bells, not sure what the situation is at Lyon fully, if they were in a financial mess when he took them over already or not mate tbh, will need to read up on it

Yeah it sounds a bit mental because it’s different to the usual clinical, triple PR checked statements you get from everyone in football from clubs to players, but I quite like it. It’s just a guy writing his own words in his own voice. It shouldn’t be as unusual as it is really.

Aye I know what you mean, it does come across a bit Donald Trumpish though, we are that use to PR speak these days.

IMG_8200.webp

He clearly wants us more than TFG did .
Have a feeling he will overcome the obstacles succeed in becoming our owner..
Dont know if that’s a good thing or bad , too many conflicting reports to reach a conclusion.
And sadly another multi club owner which I dislike personally.
But he talks the talk , let’s see if he can walk the walk.
It would be nice to have resolution to the ownership issue as the whole club is moribund at present.

That statement it's hard not to like the fella.

Very open, very honest. Clearly, he's very proud of his time at Palace and it's clear he loves the club. So full respect for him coming out and being open and honest.

My concern will be that; what happens if he all of a sudden doesn't want a multi-club model, do we go back to being in limbo in 3-4 years time?

How does the club remain functional, whilst waiting for him to sell his shares? It's been widely documented that we need investment, so what mess will we get into, whilst waiting for him?

Hope this guy is making progress and is a serious operator, but to be honest this just looks like we are getting ourselves into another long running saga on the back of just getting out of the 777 one.
Don't think there will be a resolution anytime soon and it looks like we will waste another season simply trying to continue to exist!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back