John Textor

53% of adults own their own home.

The average age of a first time buyer is 33.

The average age of a second time buyer a decade ago was 42.

I couldn't find any newer stats with a cursory Google, but you get the idea.

Loads of us won't have bought and sold a house.
You do know the post you replied to was tongue in cheek
You do know that
Please tell me you know that

*speechless*

You've no idea which way to spin it or to come down all contrarian

That's why you're speechless

I feel once again we're all being played

He knows how this works 👇

That's a lot of words to bury last night's news of a renewed bid for Palace....

Credible reports claimed last night he made a new bid for Palace.

In my view that lengthy statement he's put out is a recovery effort in response.

He hasn't denied that new/late bid and instead, waffled on that owners, like supporters shouldn't change allegiances easily.

Just reading what Crystal Palace fans have to say.

In my view, this fella nails it;

People will praise the transparency, but it's the opposite to me. It's disingenuous.

He needs to state when the bid/approach was made for Palace. Everyone knows he tried in the past - the Athletic reported a new bid last night which has sent him scurrying to recover.

I actually had to go back home when a relationship ended a long time ago now, I was in my 30s.

It was great, tea on the table when I got in from work, clothes would magic from the floor into my wardrobe washed and ironed, a magical time.
But could you sprawl in front of the TV with your hand down your shorts having a good scratch while watching fotty

People will praise the transparency, but it's the opposite to me. It's disingenuous.

He needs to state when the bid/approach was made for Palace. Everyone knows he tried in the past - the Athletic reported a new bid last night which has sent him scurrying to recover.
It seems like he doesn't know what he's doing.

Talking to Moshiri then realises it's a complex issue which will take time, goes back to Palace as that would be easier but no one will sell their shares to him, so he's back again to Everton tail between his legs.

Doesn't look good and with the struggles at Lyon with overspending it feels like he could be another disaster for Everton.

Err I dunno, it did sound pretty closed off from the speech he made:

""It is true that we made an offer to buy the remaining shares of Crystal Palace, at a valuation that far exceeds levels of prior investment ... It is also true that our offer did not induce a response, and we believe that our Palace partners have the same desire to remain in ownership as we once did… so our Raine Group efforts to sell our interests resumed.

but before we decided to leave one family, to join another, we did try to do everything possible to stay connected with the club and community of Crystal Palace."

Now it doesn't say there his bid for Palace was rejected, just no response, but his wording afterwards does sound more like it wasn't going anywhere so he's moving on. But this could just be some tactic to get the Palace deal moving.

Either way he's a cowboy.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back