John Textor

That's a lot of words to bury last night's news of a renewed bid for Palace....

So why leave buoyant, well-run Palace? “Before we decided to leave one family, to join another, we did try to do everything possible to stay connected with the club and community of Crystal Palace. If supporters don't switch allegiances easily, owners shouldn't either”. Adds “we made an offer to buy the remaining shares of Crystal Palace”. “We respected our partners enough to offer fair value”.

Yeah it sounds a bit mental because it’s different to the usual clinical, triple PR checked statements you get from everyone in football from clubs to players, but I quite like it. It’s just a guy writing his own words in his own voice. It shouldn’t be as unusual as it is really.
You could say the same thing about Trump

Yeah it sounds a bit mental because it’s different to the usual clinical, triple PR checked statements you get from everyone in football from clubs to players, but I quite like it. It’s just a guy writing his own words in his own voice. It shouldn’t be as unusual as it is really.
Yeah like when Mosh man went on Jim Whites deadline day show and started chatting waffle to him.

Is it not that when he lost out to the Friedkin Group he tried to buy Palace now we are back on the market he is back in?

Credible reports claimed last night he made a new bid for Palace.

In my view that lengthy statement he's put out is a recovery effort in response.

He hasn't denied that new/late bid and instead, waffled on that owners, like supporters shouldn't change allegiances easily.

Behind the apparent enthusiasm and gusto, some of Textors comments are concerning.

He has said that he wants glory, and wouldn't it be great to restore Everton's fortunes, but has also said it's high reward for high risk. Thats being led by emotion, and it leads to over-reach. As boring as it sounds, I'd rather people like him said nothing and be judged by their deeds. How many times did Kenwright get carried away with baseless waffle?

We have had enough of high risk. And someone who says that seems to me very likely to interfere with football decisions.

You can call for glory when you're backed by Saudi or Qatar.

For everyone else, its firstly about stability and then sustainable progression.

Risk has no place in a coherent strategy. It's about more ill-disciplined management and financial profligacy.

Behind the apparent enthusiasm and gusto, some of Textors comments are concerning.

He has said that he wants glory, and wouldn't it be great to restore Everton's fortunes, but has also said it's high reward for high risk.

We have had enough of high risk. And someone who says that seems to me very likely to interfere with football decisions.

You can call for glory when you're backed by Saudi or Qatar.

For everyone else, its firstly about stability and then sustainable progression.

Risk has no place in a coherent strategy. It's about more ill-disciplined management and financial profligacy.
Yeah my worry is he's just American Moshiri making signings for our managers, genuinely don't trust this guy at all.

Just reading what Crystal Palace fans have to say.

In my view, this fella nails it;

Textor has put out a long statement of waffle. He doesn't actually deny making a new offer for Palace, just skirts around it, referring to misinformation to try to appease Everton fans.

People will praise the transparency, but it's the opposite to me. It's disingenuous.

He needs to state when the bid/approach was made for Palace. Everyone knows he tried in the past - the Athletic reported a new bid last night which has sent him scurrying to recover.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back