John Textor

Credible reports claimed last night he made a new bid for Palace.

In my view that lengthy statement he's put out is a recovery effort in response.

He hasn't denied that new/late bid and instead, waffled on that owners, like supporters shouldn't change allegiances easily.
Steve Parish was on SkySports yesterday saying they are trying to help him get rid of his shares and buy another club, says he wants full control but it won't be at Palace?

Just reading what Crystal Palace fans have to say.

In my view, this fella nails it;

People will praise the transparency, but it's the opposite to me. It's disingenuous.

He needs to state when the bid/approach was made for Palace. Everyone knows he tried in the past - the Athletic reported a new bid last night which has sent him scurrying to recover.
Didn’t Usmanov/Moshiri make a bid for Arsenal before selling up and taking us over? Sounds like Textor just running through his options in tandem.

Ultimately, it’s another owner that we aren’t first choice for.

Err I dunno, it did sound pretty closed off from the speech he made:

""It is true that we made an offer to buy the remaining shares of Crystal Palace, at a valuation that far exceeds levels of prior investment ... It is also true that our offer did not induce a response, and we believe that our Palace partners have the same desire to remain in ownership as we once did… so our Raine Group efforts to sell our interests resumed.

but before we decided to leave one family, to join another, we did try to do everything possible to stay connected with the club and community of Crystal Palace."

Now it doesn't say there his bid for Palace was rejected, just no response, but his wording afterwards does sound more like it wasn't going anywhere so he's moving on. But this could just be some tactic to get the Palace deal moving.

Either way he's a cowboy.

Everyone knows he made an offer mate.

The crux of it is timing.

Through it's own admission - that statement has been reactive to The Athletic, last night saying he made a final/new bid.

In my view, his statement just reaffirms what the Athletic said.

Didn’t Usmanov/Moshiri make a bid for Arsenal before selling up and taking us over? Sounds like Textor just running through his options in tandem.

Ultimately, it’s another owner that we aren’t first choice for.

And that's sound mate.

But in my view - don't then release a rapid, self serving statement that in my view, serves nobody but himself. I can accept that, he's going to look after his own interests. What I can't accept though is deliberately blagging fans.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back