John Textor

Problem with using the multi quote function is the that the vast majority of posters don’t bother their arse reading them
Especially ones from certain posters

You're spamming my notifications, replying to posts from 48 to 24 hours ago, use the multi quote function.

When me and my missus were looking to buy our first house, we viewed many we bid on more than just one

He's been speaking to multiple clubs. When @GrandOldTeam said there was blagging going on he is totally spot on. That is why there is all these different claims going on now in the media.

And that's sound mate.

But in my view - don't then release a rapid, self serving statement that in my view, serves nobody but himself. I can accept that, he's going to look after his own interests. What I can't accept though is deliberately blagging fans.

Sounds like another gimp who wants to use us to bankroll his other failures.

This is the problem with multi clubs models, if you're not top of the pyramid then you are fodder.

I read it how I want to understand it …. He became a palace fan, had some good times but wants to control a club. Therefore he acknowledges it will be difficult for Everton fans to accept a palace fan as owner, so he is going to try and become an Everton fan, whilst being nice to palace fans.

Those of us who “were chosen” find all this club hopping difficult to accept.

In terms of trying to take over palace, it is about trying to force a share price, not really expecting to win the offer.

Personally, I can see a non-calous version of events here. Ultimately Palace is the club he's worked at for years, he wants more control so before deciding to cut ties completely he goes in with one last bid. I don't necessarily see that as a slight on Everton or him using us cynically as a pawn in his game.

Now, obviously, that could be completely wrong and as you say it could all be PR spin.

I don't trust anyone's agenda here tbf, Textor's, the media talking him down, and especially not Moshiri's.

Not disputing any of that. In fact, I've acknowledged it.

What I am calling out is the statement intentionally gives a bum steer.

He didn't deny the new fresh bid, and that's telling.

The intention of that statement is to blag fans, IMO.

I understand why, but it still doesn't make it sit right. Had enough of that over the years with Kenwright, and Moshiri "James McCarthy is family".

Maybe it's just all football owners.

I read it how I want to understand it …. He became a palace fan, had some good times but wants to control a club. Therefore he acknowledges it will be difficult for Everton fans to accept a palace fan as owner, so he is going to try and become an Everton fan, whilst being nice to palace fans.

Those of us who “were chosen” find all this club hopping difficult to accept.

In terms of trying to take over palace, it is about trying to force a share price, not really expecting to win the offer.

On this point.

Again, reasonable.

But as I said on here in May - it was only in March was he saying this;

On the future

"I don't want to run [Palace] one day. I don't even like running the clubs I have. I'm a fan, we have good football people in place. One of my favourite people on the planet is Dougie Freedman, everybody knows that.

I've been on the fence until last night,

I subscribe to actions>words.

But this fellas actions and recovering words leave a lot to be desired.

Where's your proof

Have you not read those articles in the past three days? It was in there that he'd been speaking to a number of clubs including Championship clubs.

It's been widely reported. But I notice that that wasn't addressed in this "Textor statement" last night either

He didn't mention it as like was said below, that statement was a blag and entirely self serving 👇

Not disputing any of that. In fact, I've acknowledged it.

What I am calling out is the statement intentionally gives a bum steer.

He didn't deny the new fresh bid, and that's telling.

The intention of that statement is to blag fans, IMO.

I understand why, but it still doesn't make it sit right. Had enough of that over the years with Kenwright, and Moshiri "James McCarthy is family".

Maybe it's just all football owners.

On this point.

Again, reasonable.

But as I said on here in May - it was only in March was he saying this;

I've been on the fence until last night,

I subscribe to actions>words.

But this fellas actions and recovering words leave a lot to be desired.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back