John Textor

Textor just seems like another Moshiri to me. Same deal, Moshiri tried to get control at Arsenal but they smelt incompotence and sent him on his way to Everton - where he proved his worth as a controlling owner!!
Maybe Crystal Palace can smell the same incompotence with Textor and will send another clown our way....
Would have preferred the last lot of Americans who seemed to know what they were doing.

the ones who walked away? oh them ones who knew what they was doing

Lyon are HUGE.

We would be their feeder club.
Lyon are a big club and like Roma, I would say we are on par if you look at their history to ours.

We are trophyless for 30 years.

It's just we are in the biggest league in the world right now but that can change and we could also leave this league.

He stated as such himself in May 2024

Can’t see anywhere in that saying he has approached 5 clubs

Even the bolded tagline within the article which says “or a championship club” is fabricated and not based off any thing he is then quoted to say in the actual article.

You said 5+ clubs?

I count that as 2.

You said there was "no proof". There is loads of proof. You are just too lazy to look and in denial.

Can’t see anywhere in that saying he has approached 5 clubs

Even the bolded tagline within the article which says “or a championship club” is fabricated and not based off any tbh in the is then quoted to say in the actual article.

He's spoken to 5 clubs including Everton since May 2024.

It's just sad.

He said it himself. 11 Aug 2024

“I am an Anglophile when it comes to football. When I see these legendary teams come along, some in the Premier League, some in the Championship, clubs that I grew up with, they have an appeal. They also have an appeal to our business model because if I follow these great teams, then so do athletes around the world. "We are signing athletes down in Brazil right now because of the dream of playing on to Europe. It is important to have one of those great, authentic English clubs at the heart of our constellation of clubs. “I say constellation not multiclub because I think every one of our clubs should be a champion. The feeder system doesn’t really work for us. But it does work that players from South, Central and North America all want to be here so it is important that we have a good partner in the Premier League as part of our family at Eagle. We will definitely keep looking until we find the right fit.”

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back