John Textor

Everyone knows he made an offer mate.

The crux of it is timing.

Through it's own admission - that statement has been reactive to The Athletic, last night saying he made a final/new bid.

In my view, his statement just reaffirms what the Athletic said.

Personally, I can see a non-calous version of events here. Ultimately Palace is the club he's worked at for years, he wants more control so before deciding to cut ties completely he goes in with one last bid. I don't necessarily see that as a slight on Everton or him using us cynically as a pawn in his game.

Now, obviously, that could be completely wrong and as you say it could all be PR spin.

I don't trust anyone's agenda here tbf, Textor's, the media talking him down, and especially not Moshiri's.

And that's sound mate.

But in my view - don't then release a rapid, self serving statement that in my view, serves nobody but himself. I can accept that, he's going to look after his own interests. What I can't accept though is deliberately blagging fans.

You've been totally spot on here just like you were when you recognised what they were doing on 14 January 2023

Blagging is a perfect word to describe it too. There's a lot of that that goes on around Everton

He's been going on and on about the same point for the last two days. It's been answered already multiple times and yet has been directly personal in his posts when he gets an answer he doesn't like. Examples below.

Such as that I'm being "unreasonable" simply because I'm saying something he doesn't like

Tough. As for the personal comments as well, he does need to pipe down.
Zat like post that

Personally, I can see a non-calous version of events here. Ultimately Palace is the club he's worked at for years, he wants more control so before deciding to cut ties completely he goes in with one last bid. I don't necessarily see that as a slight on Everton or him using us cynically as a pawn in his game.

Now, obviously, that could be completely wrong and as you say it could all be PR spin.

I don't trust anyone's agenda here tbf, Textor's, the media talking him down, and especially not Moshiri's.
I'm agreeing with you here: full ownership of Palace would be easier for him because a) he knows the club and it's finances, and b) he won't need to sell his shares.

To take ownership of Everton, he would be taking on a fairly perilous situation and, before purchasing, needs to offload his Palace shares. Which is easier?

Which is probably the safer bet? Everton may offer the potential of greater rewards, but it's a risk. I don't take it as a slight him trying to hedge his bets because...

... we'd all probably do the same in his situation. I have some alarming concerns over Textor, although anything is better than the status quo.

I'm agreeing with you here: full ownership of Palace would be easier for him because a) he knows the club and it's finances, and b) he won't need to sell his shares.

To take ownership of Everton, he would be taking on a fairly perilous situation and, before purchasing, needs to offload his Palace shares. Which is easier?

Which is probably the safer bet? Everton may offer the potential of greater rewards, but it's a risk. I don't take it as a slight him trying to hedge his bets because...

... we'd all probably do the same in his situation. I have some alarming concerns over Textor, although anything is better than the status quo.

He's spoken to at least 5 clubs including Everton, regarding an acquisition.

Just putting it out there.

Sounds about right.

He made the offer knowing it would not be accepted. He even stated outloud he didn't think it would be accepted.

I am not sure he really cares what Premier League club he owns, he just wants one, any one, to glitter a'top of his multi club christmas tree.

The reason he has made this offer is to establish a minimum value for his shares. He can now clearly tell anyone offering him a lesser amount 'why would I accept that, I myself have bid a higher price...'

The whole process is repugnant. The Raine group, Boehly and Bros buying a player stock portfolio as if they were Nasdaq investors, multi club player traffiking organisations selling european dreams to impoverished south american kids etc, Saudia Arabia's murderous dictator washing his rep through Newcastle, I could go on.

But heh we aren't fans we are just customers, or in official parlance 'legacy' fan.

And that's sound mate.

But in my view - don't then release a rapid, self serving statement that in my view, serves nobody but himself. I can accept that, he's going to look after his own interests. What I can't accept though is deliberately blagging fans.
Yeah, I’d rather none of them released any statements to be honest. Other than formal statements saying they have entered exclusivity or when it’s then agreed etc. the rest is inconsequential to us as fans as we have no say in the matter and it gets interpreted in 100 different ways.

However you also have a load of fans who also think we should be told every detail.

But ultimately, we aren’t getting an owner that’s a fan of the club and isn’t in it for the money. So they are all going to publicly try to save face or “blag” the fans.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back