John Textor

10k GA tickets won't dramatically change our landscape. Even if you said all tickets are sold at full adult price (which they won't as you'll have plenty of concessions in that figure and some games won't be 100% full) it would come to 10m a season, that's 15-20 years paying off before you even break even. In real terms it might be worth 5 million a year to us over what we will have.

10k premium seats on the other hand then it's totally worth it as the 5k we have generate more than the rest of the stadium. Problem is can we sell that many, very unlikely.

Ultimate capacity only really comes into play if the TV money suddenly dissappears.

It's 12k mate not 10.

Also you're forgetting about executive boxes which rake in a huge amount we are pretty much quadrupling the number of them.

We have over 30,000 on a season ticket waiting list

🤷‍♂️

View attachment 270630
I’m sure they’ve done their economic assessment on it but as others have said (indeed I think Dan Meis I think also said) it costs more to build each additional seat. Therefore regardless of season ticket waiting lists, I would imagine to have paid for it the ticket prices would have had to increase, which presumably had an impact of their forecast demand for tickets at those prices to pay for the stadium. That’s without even considering the financing to fund the build.

so he must feel confident he can buy us if he is doing it?

he will surely have a plan? he must know what we need!

Of course he does mate.

A right back, left back, 2 wingers with pace, a midfield enforcer, a new striker, new manager, new DoF, finish off the stadium, clear the debts and refill the FF vending machine which is running low on oxtail soup (the kind of soup you used to get at the swimming baths which blistered your mouth and throat as it was that hot)

All before Fridays transfer deadline.

I’m sure they’ve done their economic assessment on it but as others have said (indeed I think Dan Meis I think also said) it costs more to build each additional seat. Therefore regardless of season ticket waiting lists, I would imagine to have paid for it the ticket prices would have had to increase, which presumably had an impact of their forecast demand for tickets at those prices to pay for the stadium. That’s without even considering the financing to fund the build.

Textor or anyone else coming in is going to have to deal with the fact that Baxendale being the absolute clot she was with this "ALL" nonsense underspec-ed the hospitality capacity and under spec the overall capacity. With Kenwright et al who made the decision hindering us yet again

6months from being finished and people still complaining about the capacity.

SMH.

New ownership is going to have to deal with the consequences of it

@bluestevon doesn't have a clue what he's talking about Matty

The club told the shareholders that the season ticket waiting list is 34,000 this summer and is growing at +1000 a month!

The club has been complaining itself that BMD isn't large enough

@bluestevon should get his facts right before making such statements like this:
Agree that it should have been bigger but cant see the club complaining that it is not large enough. Just cant see them saying anything negative about the stadium as it is porb the only positive the club has

Agree that it should have been bigger but cant see the club complaining that it is not large enough. Just cant see them saying anything negative about the stadium as it is porb the only positive the club has

They've cited the limited capacity as one of the reasons that the move is being done in the manner it is. That's a complaint.

By people if you mean one poster, then yes.

I tell it as it is not the fantasy statements like this one.

Add the extra cost to our current debt yeah that would have been a great idea Damo.

Plus we simply would not fill a 62k stadium, or even close to it, it's not like we have a 25k waiting list for season tickets FFS.

They've cited the limited capacity as one of the reasons that the move is being done in the manner it is. That's a compliant.

I tell it as it is not the fantasy statements like this one.
I havent seen that not saying that wrong just be a strange move imo if they have done that. Stadium is most likely the top or second reason why people want the club the other us being in the prem.

I bet whatever new owner comes in says within 6 months something about the need to expand BMD capacity

I bet you.
Agree will be done in time but already going to have to put alot of money in to buy the club, paying of TFG and 777. Then that is before is getting to the team manager dof who could all be replaced

I’m a bit suspicious, these Everton rumours have surfaced when he’s planning to launch an IPO.

Despite being a basket we offer exposure to the richest league in the world and also a certain amount of prestige in heritage, the rumour certainly doesn’t do his plans any harm.

Equally the rumour benefits Moshiri, season starts and saves himself heat - while also shakes the tree for any other bidders by placing a media driven deadline.

Who benefits……..

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back