John Textor

I was thinking the same until he said that Palace were based in "a really cool and vibrant part of London"
I lived in Streatham, just down the road from the Palace, many many years ago. There was nothing cool or vibrant about that part of South London back then. Maybe it's changed, who knows? One thing I do know is Matt Slater was the dope who said about a month ago that he had a huge update on the take over, which he would divulge the next week... we're still waiting Matt.

The crazy thing is, an owner can pass a fit and proper test then basically destroy the club from the inside out and there seems little the PL can do to stop it.

777 only got canned because they missed a deadline for Moshiri, not because the PL intervened
Other than the stadium where is the needed injection of positivity coming from? We need it now not next season!

Oh, so it's just @Goat getting the wong end of the stick again?

Ok, thanks.
1725469708384.webp

Everton remain in limbo as “nothing is happening” on the takeover front at Goodison Park, according to Matt Slater.

Speaking on The Athletic FC Podcast (4 September), Slater said he had made several calls this week to people with an interest in the club, but is yet to hear of anyone making a breakthrough in negotiations.

With this reasoning Im thankful you didnt end up owning the club after all.

Im sorry, but we are going to write down some math and then conveniently forget about sponsorships, food and drink, merchandise, extra events and more?

You've already outlined 50m per season in ticket sales. Throw in million in food/drink increases. We already have one sponsorship from castore for 13m more than last year(and there will be more). Then you have other events, which bring in 1-5m per night for Tottenham for example. Do 10 nights a year of that and you have another 10m minimum.

Ticket sales: 50m
Castore sponsorship: 13m
Events: 10m
Food/drink:?
Already thats 73m + whatever increases in food/drink/merchandise/other sponsorships.
Oh well if you are including sponsorships, and other match day expenses, thats cheating.
They've already removed that. Baxendale reduced the capacity down from 10,000 to 7500 to then 5000

The stadium should have been larger at the outset. Full stop.

Can't dispute the facts though can you?
I agree, it should've been at least twice the size of whatever Anfield is going to be at some point in the future. Because 1st and all that.

P. S. At this point, im regretting my current Season Ticket that ive had for 28 years. Imagine paying double the price with 1/3rd extra fuming fans to make the atmosphere even more toxic.

The waiting list will mean nothing if half the fans sack it off and the convenience of "being on the waiting list" becomes the reality of "paying a fortune and having to turn up every week".

Question. Do you waiting list proponents actually believe that the majority of people on the RS waiting list for example would actually buy if given the opportunity, or do they enjoy telling people that they are on it and can say they have done everything that they can, and if/when it came up, would simply come up with a convenient excuse as to why it "wasnt the right time/stand/star alignment, and they will have to wait till next time"?

Because ill tell you now, most of the people i know hate going now. Imagine when the price doubles and you dont have your normal match day tradition to fall back on.

Once the stadium is built, the additional revenue alone on top of no further payments to the builders means the loan repayments on the club to 777, TFG are covered.

Moshiri could simply choose to take the club off the market & stay owner until such time that USM are allowed back in the fold and the money comes back.

I did not believe this at the time, but its a theory that seems much more plausible as the weeks tick by.
Utter tosh, absolutely 24-carat tosh at that

If he doesn't buy the club by the start of next season his chance will be gone.

BMD alone will generate between £50-70 millions more to the club a season than GP including the recent catering deal.

EFC will no longer be paying the builders tens of millions of pounds a year on top.

We have the new £20m a season kit deal.

Stakes deal is up for renewal end of this season therefore we will likely get an increased new shirt sponsorship deal.

Potential for a stadium naming rights deal which would be £15-25m a season on top.

From Moshiri's perspective, he just needs to see the next 12 months out as once we move ground, he's under no pressure to sell at a major loss. He may not be happy to "take a haircut".
You wanna bet ????

Everton remain in limbo as “nothing is happening” on the takeover front at Goodison Park, according to Matt Slater.

Speaking on The Athletic FC Podcast (4 September), Slater said he had made several calls this week to people with an interest in the club, but is yet to hear of anyone making a breakthrough in negotiations.
Ha Ha Ha.

So, basically, 'Matt Slater' had no fresh info and nothing to report on...so he reported that nothing was happening...cue people on here with their hair on fire.

Un'kin real.

It isn't earth shattering that nothing is happening "today", nor next week, nor next month.

We want it to, but only if it's good for the club. I guess the next main hurdle will be getting through the January window without losing JB.

Other than that we go on. I don't think there is any imminent danger that the lights go out.

With the legalities there is a lot to be sorted. Friedkin has security and our loans are not being called in.

It isn't earth shattering that nothing is happening "today", nor next week, nor next month.

We want it to, but only if it's good for the club. I guess the next main hurdle will be getting through the January window without losing JB.

Other than that we go on. I don't think there is any imminent danger that the lights go out.

With the legalities there is a lot to be sorted. Friedkin has security and our loans are not being called in.

Agreed, nothing really needs to happen until the TFG debt is due, from what it seems. Waiting on things to change day by day will just create heartache.

Probably coz it was him that was calling....

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back