John Textor

Todd Boehly has been given some “free advice” to sell his share of Chelsea and buy 100% of Everton, by a finance expert.

Stefan Borson wrote on X (9 September), following a Bloomberg report on 6 September that the American’s relationship with fellow owners Behdad Eghbali and Clearlake Capital has soured, that he might as well exit Stamford Bridge and take over from Farhad Moshiri at Goodison Park instead.
Has Esk seen this!

I want to work for the club just to be able to write these discussion points. If you see any of these in future then you'll know I'll have achieved my dream.

• You don't have to win to be winners
  • Expected defeats (can we define these at the start of every season so the fans don't have to turn up)
  • Do we have a serious Everton Da's problem
  • How much is too much for a packet of biscuits

572A3FD4-00A6-433A-AB62-74294DE799D8.webp

We've heard all this wham before about a deal being completed "by Friday", "by next week" and "within the coming days", etc. Textor cannot possibly complete a takeover before he sells his Palace shares. That takes time, and it's hardly likely he'll complete a Palace sell and Everton acquisition within a matter of days. Then there's the FA regulations and various tests to pass, which may hopefully be quicker as he's already deemed to be a fit and proper owner. If he takes us over, I expect it to be in time for the January transfer window, but let's hope he doesn't start with selling Branthwaite in an attempt to keep us up as we're likely to be settled in the bottom three by then.

Im reposting from the other thread since it was posted in both...

So, sensational headlines aside heres what that actually seems to mean:

1. Moshiris company held a 5% stake in USM. 5 other companies held a significant stake in USM.
2. A case was filed 1 year ago in Russian courts suing 6 foreign companies that held shares in USM
3. The case was to seize their USM shares, and legally turn them back over to USM and Usmanov, since their countries had sanctioned USM.
4. The case has ALREADY been completed, and that has already been done.

If you read the article past the headline, its basically Russia didnt like being sanctioned, so it is stripping foreign companies of shares in Russian companies and returning them to the russian companies. Moshiri can still be best buds with Usmanov.

The best read on the situation is this.

Moshiri die to sanctions cannot sell directly to Usmanov, Russia want all direct or indirect involvement from western domiciled individuals or entities out of key Industries and companies.

A lawsuit whose result is the awarding as penalty Moshiris remaining shares in Usmanovs assets serves that purpose.

Given the shares were almost certainly a scheme to create a fake billionaire proxy to use in business in the west, it's kinda easy to see why its happening.

Doesn't really allude to any falling out as such even. Just business

We've heard all this wham before about a deal being completed "by Friday", "by next week" and "within the coming days", etc. Textor cannot possibly complete a takeover before he sells his Palace shares.
That takes time, and it's hardly likely he'll complete a Palace sell and Everton acquisition within a matter of days. Then there's the FA regulations and various tests to pass, which may hopefully be quicker as he's already deemed to be a fit and proper owner. If he takes us over, I expect it to be in time for the January transfer window, but let's hope he doesn't start with selling Branthwaite in an attempt to keep us up as we're likely to be settled in the bottom three by then.

Is right

We've heard all this wham before about a deal being completed "by Friday", "by next week" and "within the coming days", etc. Textor cannot possibly complete a takeover before he sells his Palace shares. That takes time, and it's hardly likely he'll complete a Palace sell and Everton acquisition within a matter of days. Then there's the FA regulations and various tests to pass, which may hopefully be quicker as he's already deemed to be a fit and proper owner. If he takes us over, I expect it to be in time for the January transfer window, but let's hope he doesn't start with selling Branthwaite in an attempt to keep us up as we're likely to be settled in the bottom three by then.
Considering we have heard very little about the actual exclusivity agreement with neither club nor Textor actually confirming it. It also stands to reason that he could already have things in motion for the sale that we also aren’t aware of etc.

He does need to sell before he can buy us, but he may be looking to have things done in a domino effect within quick succession.

I think we would be naive to think that this billionaire hasn’t already gauged interest in his palace shares and has people already potentially lined up for them.

I think we would be naive to think that this billionaire hasn’t already gauged interest in his palace shares and has people already potentially lined up for them.
Why do people think all billionaires are smart businessmen or that they make rational decisions? Our billionaire owner has displayed a level of incompetence thought impossible over the past eight years.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back