John Textor

Considering we have heard very little about the actual exclusivity agreement with neither club nor Textor actually confirming it. It also stands to reason that he could already have things in motion for the sale that we also aren’t aware of etc.

He does need to sell before he can buy us, but he may be looking to have things done in a domino effect within quick succession.

I think we would be naive to think that this billionaire hasn’t already gauged interest in his palace shares and has people already potentially lined up for them.
This is why I place limited value on any external commentary on these things- if you’re not in the room then any info you receive is entirely down to what those in the room want you to know, and they have no duty to disclose anything.

So like you say we have no official confirmation of anything relating to Textor but that tells us nothing about what is or isn’t happening in the room. It’s why I’m wary of statements like Matt Slater’s “nothing is happening” when it’s not heavily caveated with “that I know of”.

1726047101424.webp
"Confident"
"could"
"four weeks"

I make that three levels of doubt...

Why do people think all billionaires are smart businessmen or that they make rational decisions? Our billionaire owner has displayed a level of incompetence thought impossible over the past eight years.
The irony is that most billionaires are billionaires because they make rash decisions. They see and take opportunities majority of us never do. There are a few good articles and books around the very similar characteristics between entrepreneurs and psychopaths.

We've heard all this wham before about a deal being completed "by Friday", "by next week" and "within the coming days", etc. Textor cannot possibly complete a takeover before he sells his Palace shares. That takes time, and it's hardly likely he'll complete a Palace sell and Everton acquisition within a matter of days. Then there's the FA regulations and various tests to pass, which may hopefully be quicker as he's already deemed to be a fit and proper owner. If he takes us over, I expect it to be in time for the January transfer window, but let's hope he doesn't start with selling Branthwaite in an attempt to keep us up as we're likely to be settled in the bottom three by then.
Don`t forget that anyone buying his Palace shares will need to pass the same tests before the purchase can be completed, so on the announcement he has sold there will be an 8-12 week period whilst any prospective buyer is put through the tests so it isn`t likely to happen anytime before January at the earliest, IMO no takeover will happen this season.

Don`t forget that anyone buying his Palace shares will need to pass the same tests before the purchase can be completed, so on the announcement he has sold there will be an 8-12 week period whilst any prospective buyer is put through the tests so it isn`t likely to happen anytime before January at the earliest, IMO no takeover will happen this season.

Unless he's selling to someone whose already passed the test in which case it wouldn't be 8-12 weeks but a couple of days tops, similarly if he buys us, he's already passed the leagues test procedure so it's a case of rubber stamping it

Apparently he has an offer on the table for his Palace shares from their existing lot/what he paid for them that wouldn't require any PL approval.

If Textor lowers his demands, he shifts them pretty quick in my view.
From what I can gather the valuations are miles apart, the other directors are offering £80m-£100m, he values the club at £500m-£600m so his valuation of 45% is £225m-£270m which is nearly triple the current offer.

Why do people think all billionaires are smart businessmen or that they make rational decisions? Our billionaire owner has displayed a level of incompetence thought impossible over the past eight years.
he has, but I would expect most billionaires aren’t that level of incompetent, reflected by the fact they have been able to amass billions. I’m not saying he will be a good football club owner or anything, but I’d assume most billionaires will be pretty on the ball regarding finances.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back