John Textor

The best read on the situation is this.

Moshiri die to sanctions cannot sell directly to Usmanov, Russia want all direct or indirect involvement from western domiciled individuals or entities out of key Industries and companies.

A lawsuit whose result is the awarding as penalty Moshiris remaining shares in Usmanovs assets serves that purpose.

Given the shares were almost certainly a scheme to create a fake billionaire proxy to use in business in the west, it's kinda easy to see why its happening.

Doesn't really allude to any falling out as such even. Just business
Whenever the war in Ukraine does eventually end then issues such as this will have to be resolved before Russia is allowed back to normal trading.
By then Putin is likely to be gone so I don't think it will be a big problem.

I said he has passed the test already at Palace and he has mate.

Yes he has to provide a three year plan to the league, but I've never seen any owner be rejected on that point of the procedure, all other parts of the test will simply be ratified with a cursory check that nothing has changed in regards to him personally.

So if you don't think that massively speeds up the process then you're blind.

The same was true with Moshiri btw coming over from arsenal were he walked through the test and it was ratified very quickly by the league.

But carry on being an utter pedant.

777 Partners were rejected on this point

or more correctly, "no approval was given" by Premier League on this point

I did notice you started making comments about me, all because I said something you didn't want to hear. 🤷‍♂️

Will it even help us?

Its not clear, depends how its implemented the Squad Cost Rules are supposed to limit a clubs spending to 85% of their income. In theory that would mean any cost associated with the stadium, current debt interest, etc would not be relevant.

So if we had 100m coming in we could spend 85m on player wages and transfers. But from what I have read its not clear if this includes youth teams, coaches, manager, etc.

It makes me wonder if clubs would start listing players as a "player / coach" if the coach part of their contract were not included in the SCR, or employ members of their family, buy them expensive gifts, etc to get around all these rules. I am sure clubs like Chelsea are already coming up with ways to get around the new rules. I worry that we will somehow get shafted again.

777 Partners were rejected on this point

or more correctly, "no approval was given" by Premier League on this point

I did notice you started making comments about me, all because I said something you didn't want to hear. 🤷‍♂️

No approval given means the process was still ongoing, so they weren't actually rejected, thanks for clarifying.

Also what are you on blathering on about, I was responding to you quoting me lad.

….I was under the impression PSR rules change next season anyway.
I believe you are correct.

And to answer others, yes it will help us IF we have an owner willing to spend. With the new stadium we will be able to spend about 7th-8th most on players in the league. Our stadium interest costs will no longer matter in our spending calculations, because itll be 85% of revenue. Its just a flat percentage no matter how much your other expenses are(like stadium debt payments).

Whenever the war in Ukraine does eventually end then issues such as this will have to be resolved before Russia is allowed back to normal trading.
By then Putin is likely to be gone so I don't think it will be a big problem.

A lot of stuff on both sides will need to be resolved mate.

By then the club should be well clear of Moshiri though so no worrying about it.

Final sentence as quoted

777 Partners were not granted approval on the basis of the three year funding plan and/or source of funds

You're giving people an entirely unrealistic view if you think this is just a rubber stamping exercise

Have 777 ever been subject to the premier leagues ownership test before, has Textor?

You are trying to compare Textor who is a successful self made businessman with a pony scheme mate.

Btw look at the list of who the league did ratify.

The glazers who've robbed united blind, Moshiri who we've seen how fit and owner he is, the Venghis Lerner, the clowns ejo owned the rs a few years ago, QPRs owner etc.

Yeah they're gonna reject textor though lol

We've heard all this wham before about a deal being completed "by Friday", "by next week" and "within the coming days", etc. Textor cannot possibly complete a takeover before he sells his Palace shares. That takes time, and it's hardly likely he'll complete a Palace sell and Everton acquisition within a matter of days. Then there's the FA regulations and various tests to pass, which may hopefully be quicker as he's already deemed to be a fit and proper owner. If he takes us over, I expect it to be in time for the January transfer window, but let's hope he doesn't start with selling Branthwaite in an attempt to keep us up as we're likely to be settled in the bottom three by then.

He can sell and complete with Everton very quickly. There is no guarantee we will be in the bottom 3, and I'd say unlikely, and no need to sell Brainthwaite especially to keep us up.

You are however correct he neens to sell his shares, and there's no evidence he has done so.

Don`t forget that anyone buying his Palace shares will need to pass the same tests before the purchase can be completed, so on the announcement he has sold there will be an 8-12 week period whilst any prospective buyer is put through the tests so it isn`t likely to happen anytime before January at the earliest, IMO no takeover will happen this season.

I'm not sure the fit and proper person's test would apply in the same way for someone who wouldn't have overall control.

Like I can (and have) bought shares in Manchester United, and do not have to fulfil any expectation of fit and proper person's.

The offer is less that what Textor thinks they are worth as it’s the same price he paid for them.

Read somewhere that he thinks they have appreciated in value since he bought them so either he accepts what’s on offer now or tries to get what he thinks they are worth.

If it’s the latter then it could takes ages if indeed he does get what he wants.

Bottom line he needs to compromise and take the offer if he wants to buy Everton, and that’s assuming Morshiri doesn’t mess around
It could take ages, or it could happen tomorrow. The two parties need to get to a deal.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back