John Textor

Yeah that will be key. I for one think Kevin has done a decent job under difficult circumstances. Yeah there have been shortcomings in certain areas, but we don’t know the full story as you say in regards to what players dyche rejected.
Only problem I have there is, kevin should not allow any manger to dictate what players the club brings in, sort of makes the DOF role pointless.

Fully agree, shouldn't allow any owner to bring in players at all.

But if the owner suggests a player then I have no problem as long as it remains just an offer

All said and done I think we very possibly got two Lyon players due to exactly that scenario of Textor offering them as possibilities to Thelwell.

These have got his net worth at $4.3 Billion - https://netwealthy.biz/john-textor-net-worth-and-bio-from-vision-to-venture/

So many different estimates it is impossible to know and he obviously keeps a lot of things to himself.

Definitely very wealthy though and i eagerly await our new wealthy overlord. :lol:
Does he have to show his post office savings book and his prize bonds records to prove his wealth
I’m sure most billionaires take their accountants advice and under declare their wealth

Fully agree, shouldn't allow any owner to bring in players at all.

But if the owner suggests a player then I have no problem as long as it remains just an offer

All said and done I think we very possibly got two Lyon players due to exactly that scenario of Textor offering them as possibilities to Thelwell.
I guess for me it depends on whether he sees his involvement as limited to positioning players where he sees them fitting best within the group as we've seen him do with the Eagle clubs and to an extent also with us this summer. In and of itself this sort of collaboration can be a positive.

The line I hope he doesn't cross is in bringing players into the group in the first place, this is what he needs to leave to the professionals, we've seen with Moshiri the damage it can do when the owner goes rogue in the market. But I can't see many signs of him really doing that at his clubs so far?

Just re-watched the SKY interview, his comments on Dyche is pleasing to hear, sounds like he definitely laying down the challenge for him. He says alot of things every fan wants to hear, the trouble is we have had so many false dawns in my lifetime and shysters come through this club I don`t believe we can be the things he says. We just aren`t allowed nice things from my experience....

His quotes on Dyche, "Sean, I don`t know personally, I watched him at Burnley for so many years and do wonders with no budget and, you know, a challenge at the squad level. Obviously he is a guy that knows how to coach in the Premier League."

"I would sit down with him sometime in the future and say, OK I`m going to bring you a very different profile of player from any corner of the world, are you interested? Are you capable? Can you coach this squad? I like that you like the big tall tough Irish kid like Jake O`Brien but do you like Igor Jesus, Luis Enrique or Tiago Almada? Does he have an ambition to coach that profile? Does he have a system that will work for a squad optimised from the best players in the world? He would have every right to stay there, I haven`t even thought about the coaching issue."

Sounds like a shape up or ship out to me... his system will not suit where Textor wants to go, nowhere near.

1. I don't like Alan Myers for how he behaved over 777 Partners. He's a PR mouthpiece and doesn't have Everton Football Club's legitimate interests in mind. If he did he wouldn't of acted that way over 777 Partners. His pieces are littered with the usual sentimental claptrap

2. People are too blindly just accepting what gets claimed about Textor without stop abs questioning it. You've seen it tonight over questions on his personal wealth

The issues are cultural in the Everton fanbase. There are people that don't want to hear things they don't want to hear.

You're doing it in your post calling me a "sourface"

People should stop. Should quiz. Don't just blindly accept overly emotional sentiment as equal to fact or performance.

That doesn't make me a "sourface". Quizzing or being critical of things.

Stop and think before just accepting

Learn from history. The 20 years of Kenwright and the last 8 with Moshiri and all that nonsense
So if we we all questioned and researched Textor and we all to a man /woman /he/she/gender neutral etc decided that Textor is a fraud and not right for the club , would that stop him from buying Everton F.C

Just re-watched the SKY interview, his comments on Dyche is pleasing to hear, sounds like he definitely laying down the challenge for him. He says alot of things every fan wants to hear, the trouble is we have had so many false dawns in my lifetime and shysters come through this club I don`t believe we can be the things he says. We just aren`t allowed nice things from my experience....

His quotes on Dyche, "Sean, I don`t know personally, I watched him at Burnley for so many years and do wonders with no budget and, you know, a challenge at the squad level. Obviously he is a guy that knows how to coach in the Premier League."

"I would sit down with him sometime in the future and say, OK I`m going to bring you a very different profile of player from any corner of the world, are you interested? Are you capable? Can you coach this squad? I like that you like the big tall tough Irish kid like Jake O`Brien but do you like Igor Jesus, Luis Enrique or Tiago Almada? Does he have an ambition to coach that profile? Does he have a system that will work for a squad optimised from the best players in the world? He would have every right to stay there, I haven`t even thought about the coaching issue."

Sounds like a shape up or ship out to me... his system will not suit where Textor wants to go, nowhere near.
Sounds like he is saying O'Brien is Sh*** compared with the other lads...

So if we we all questioned and researched Textor and we all to a man /woman /he/she/gender neutral etc decided that Textor is a fraud and not right for the club , would that stop him from buying Everton F.C
Nope .
If the PL hadn’t blocked 777 from ownership we would be right at the centre of that mess now ( as opposition to on the periphery.)
All we can do is watch , wait and hope that whoever comes in can improve our prospects and change our trajectory.

I agree there

He could have possibly done something insane that might have made the situation worse in the short term like, but he'd be enough of a nuisance that it might serve us well in the future

Don't think it could have been worse mate, the league threw everything it could at us last year knowing we'd sit there letting them make us an example.

They wouldn't if they knew we'd have fought back against it in certain.

A very special reason the league chose Everton to do this with, a club with an absentee owner and no effective board of directors

Who’s interview?

I watched this clip and he mentioned that he had set up a new company to take control of the football club and was clear that it would be separate from the "eagles" companies he is part of that own Crystal Palace.
He mentioned that he had invited some people to join him in the new Everton Football Group and I wondered if those people might include Friedkin and or MSP sports capital. As these have both loaned money to the club, and been linked with buying the club, perhaps Textor could give them an opportunity to convert that debt into shares.

Think both will have gone now msp have been paid back and Friedkin just cant see him wanting to have a share if textor had the control shares.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back