John Textor

Well, its hard for us to not be suspicious of anyone due to all the let downs, false dawns and just utter weapons involved with running us over the years.

But, Textor seems a genuine fella, that is very open - Something we ALL wanted.
He is saying good things abouthow big we are, appreciates what we have won, and wants us closer to that again - We ALL want this.
He said none of it will be debt, and all on his and "invited friends" backs - Most of us wanted this also.

Am I being too naive being a little positive ??!!
I agree mate , whoever comes in there will be a degree of suspicion but this fella seems as good as we cqn hope for.FKG seemed a better option but at the end of the day they bottled it.
I really hope Textor buys the club so we can move on

Yeah that will be key. I for one think Kevin has done a decent job under difficult circumstances. Yeah there have been shortcomings in certain areas, but we don’t know the full story as you say in regards to what players dyche rejected.
Only problem I have there is, kevin should not allow any manger to dictate what players the club brings in, sort of makes the DOF role pointless.
If Dyche tells Kev
Go ahead sign that lad for 30 m and pay him 60 grand a week
I won’t be picking him for the first team but you go ahead
What’s kev going to do

Great. Massively and truly unrealistic though isn't it? Especially for a club in PSR trouble every year.

Utter nonsense you've made up because now he's interested in us. It's Dougie Freedman for Wharton, just like all the other signings they've made from the Championship. That's why he's regarded as one of the best sporting directors around.

As for the Academy, impressive how its entirely down to him when they started the redevelopment a full year before he came in and opened it two months after his arrival. What a man, capable of bending time to his will for his football clubs.

They protested him well before the TV rights deal failed this summer. Here they are protesting him in 2023: https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.c...e-toulouse-victory-amid-relegation-struggles/

You're just another fan who'll lap up anything if they tell you everything's rosy.

His initial investment in Palace was what paid for the academy redevelopment mate, Wharton's signing was paid for by Textor - never said he started the project never said he scouted the player mate. Didn't see any of the other palace owners dipping into their own cash at all.

Where the same fans protesting when they were in the bottom three in November still protesting after he sacked the manager - brought in a young relatively unknown manager and they finished 6th and reached the cup final?

Your just another fan who likely hangs on negativity like a badge of pride and lap up people like the esks stuff.

His initial investment in Palace was what paid for the academy redevelopment mate, Wharton's signing was paid for by Textor - never said he started the project never said he scouted the player mate. Didn't see any of the other palace owners dipping into their own cash at all.

Where the same fans protesting when they were in the bottom three in November still protesting after he sacked the manager - brought in a young relatively unknown manager and they finished 6th and reached the cup final?

Your just another fan who likely hangs on negativity like a badge of pride and lap up people like the esks stuff.
If he comes I wonder if he will keep Kopite Kev or try to poach Freedman.

I know he's a Palace legend but was in the frame for the Newcastle DoF job after Ashworth left and they decided upon Mitchell.

He mentioned O'Brien then mentions players who he suggests are better, or that's how it sounded to me.
I think k he meant that O Brien was of a profile that Dyche likes
Big tough CB that would fit in with Dyches style of play
However he questioned if Dyche could work with a more skilful ball playing possession orientated type of player

Not sure on this at all.

I think what the club need more then anything is stability and incremental progressive change. It needs someone who can build good, proper clear and concreate, corporate support structures within the institution.

I dont get vibes from this lid that hes going to bring that.

Its a bad sign he's gone as public as he has for me.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back