John Textor

Honestly, this whole mess needs to be resolved. We arent getting a state to back us, not that it matters anymore cos of the rules put in by the league.

We need someone to come in, get access to mental sponsorships and other weird things and put us on the straight and narrow.

Having a state back you doesnt mean success, so ive got no idea who should own us, its just been completely destabilising since 777 got announced, and the mess which has followed.

Saying that, I think he comes across well, might be an absolute loon though who knows.

My concerns with Textor.

• He talks too much and he talks to the wrong outlets - reminds me of Moshiri with Jim White.

• Meddling. Who is he to be telling DOF who they'll sign and managers who they should play? He's doing this publicly on social media, and in prepared interviews.

• Multi club model. I recognise the benefits, but he seems directly involved/key decisions and his time isn't infinite.

• He evidently feels Everton is above him and despite being 90% confident of taking over, he admits he still thinks a better person can come in. If he thinks that, shouldn't we?

• He was still trying to buy Crystal Palace with new offers after agreeing to exclusivity with Moshiri/Everton. He then issued what was, in my view, a prompt, misleading statement afterwards to deflect.

• What he says, doesn't translate to what his actions are. Just one example - in March this year; "I don't want to run [Palace] one day. I don't even like running the clubs I have"

If Dyche tells Kev
Go ahead sign that lad for 30 m and pay him 60 grand a week
I won’t be picking him for the first team but you go ahead
What’s kev going to do
I expect the DOF will be very influential in keeping a manager or replacing him.

I think any manager would be very foolish to be so cavalier when talking to someone who could be regarded as their boss.

Ultimately fans (and minority shareholders) have no say in this, it is entirely down to Moshiri and the interested party.

We can all express our preferences, but honestly there is little to no impact for Moshiri or the acquisitor. The latter probably wants the fans onside, but it is not a prerequisite, because if they bring a modicum of clarity and success, the fans will follow.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back