John Textor

Why has he gone so public?

Put pressure on Everton/Moshiri?

Publicity ahead of IPO?

Is it self serving to the detriment of Everton?
I keep trying to discern deeper motives in his public pronouncements but there's also a very high chance the fella simply loves talking and will just answer any question put to him. Which shouldn't feel as weird and alien as it does really.

It's funny really that we all (myself included) crave and demand more openness and transparency yet when we get some actual communication we trust it even less than the usual secrecy.

I keep trying to discern deeper motives in his public pronouncements but there's also a very high chance the fella simply loves talking and will just answer any question put to him. Which shouldn't feel as weird and alien as it does really.

It's funny really that we all (myself included) crave and demand more openness and transparency yet when we get some actual communication we trust it even less than the usual secrecy.

He hasn't been caught off guard mate on his way to the pub. It's a planned interview.

He hasn't been caught off guard mate on his way to the pub. It's a planned interview.
Not suggesting he was caught off guard, just that maybe if you put questions to him he will answer them with his honest feelings, regardless of whether he "should". I don't know if that's the case, but my point is it says a lot about modern football that when a guy appears to be communicating openly and without a filter we view that with more suspicion than the veil of silence because bland nothingspeak is what we're so used to.

If he has made the comments about brining a different profile of player to the club are correct, that’s a concern. The DoF should be doing that, not rthe investor / owner. He’s entitled to say what type of football he wants his new acquisition to play, just not the identity of the footballers to play that style

Not suggesting he was caught off guard, just that maybe if you put questions to him he will answer them with his honest feelings, regardless of whether he "should". I don't know if that's the case, but my point is it says a lot about modern football that when a guy appears to be communicating openly and without a filter we view that with more suspicion than the veil of silence because bland nothingspeak is what we're so used to.

I get what you mean but at some point he decides to agree, or arrange to an interview on a set subject.

It's fair to query the motive behind that decision - I wonder whether IPO profile raising and/or pressure on Everton with dates thrown forward.

People trying to buy football clubs dont usually talk about it and for good reason.

I get what you mean but at some point he decides to agree, or arrange to an interview on a set subject.

It's fair to query the motive behind that decision - I wonder whether IPO profile raising and/or pressure on Everton with dates thrown forward.

People trying to buy football clubs dont usually talk about it and for good reason.
He seems like a shoot from the hip kind of guy.

There's at least a chance that it was a speculative punt to request an interview and he said "sure."

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back