John Textor

So was Moshiri. He just happened to be a serious idiot.
I'm not sure how serious he ever was though, no plan was ever put in place albeit short, medium, or long term for the club and even less of one with regards to the recruitment side of things. He wanted a DoF model but appointed a head scout to the role who had never worked in the job and appointed a manager who never really wanted the job in the first place. People will go on about the stadium (I'm not a massive fan myself) but at what cost has that come at? we are loaned up to the eyeballs because of it. Moshiri has been a car crash from the day he walked through the door here.

Not sure on this at all.

I think what the club need more then anything is stability and incremental progressive change. It needs someone who can build good, proper clear and concreate, corporate support structures within the institution.

I dont get vibes from this lid that hes going to bring that.

Its a bad sign he's gone as public as he has for me.
If we are rooted to the bottom of the league when / if Textor comes in building the club can wait and immediate remedial work will be needed asap.

Get safe then start a full restructure for the long term future.

Not sure on this at all.

I think what the club need more then anything is stability and incremental progressive change. It needs someone who can build good, proper clear and concreate, corporate support structures within the institution.

I dont get vibes from this lid that hes going to bring that.

Its a bad sign he's gone as public as he has for me.

Why has he gone so public?

Put pressure on Everton/Moshiri?

Publicity ahead of IPO?

Is it self serving to the detriment of Everton?

Why has he gone so public?

Put pressure on Everton/Moshiri?

Publicity ahead of IPO?

Is it self serving to the detriment of Everton?
Is it really that public? He’s been asked for an interview, and answered questions in what seems like an honest way. Everyone slagging the club for interaction, then a prospective owner is questioned for merely responding to questions.

My concerns with Textor.

• He talks too much and he talks to the wrong outlets - reminds me of Moshiri with Jim White.

• Meddling. Who is he to be telling DOF who they'll sign and managers who they should play? He's doing this publicly on social media, and in prepared interviews.

• Multi club model. I recognise the benefits, but he seems directly involved/key decisions and his time isn't infinite.

• He evidently feels Everton is above him and despite being 90% confident of taking over, he admits he still thinks a better person can come in. If he thinks that, shouldn't we?
  • He was still trying to buy Crystal Palace with new offers after agreeing to exclusivity with Moshiri/Everton. He then issued what was, in my view, a prompt, misleading statement afterwards to deflect.

• What he says, doesn't translate to what his actions are. Just one example - in March this year; "I don't want to run [Palace] one day. I don't even like running the clubs I have"
I get what you're saying, but as far as we know, nobody has. So he shouldn't let this worry stop him and should just carry on.

My concerns with Textor.

• He talks too much and he talks to the wrong outlets - reminds me of Moshiri with Jim White.

• Meddling. Who is he to be telling DOF who they'll sign and managers who they should play? He's doing this publicly on social media, and in prepared interviews.

• Multi club model. I recognise the benefits, but he seems directly involved/key decisions and his time isn't infinite.

• He evidently feels Everton is above him and despite being 90% confident of taking over, he admits he still thinks a better person can come in. If he thinks that, shouldn't we?

• He was still trying to buy Crystal Palace with new offers after agreeing to exclusivity with Moshiri/Everton. He then issued what was, in my view, a prompt, misleading statement afterwards to deflect.

• What he says, doesn't translate to what his actions are. Just one example - in March this year; "I don't want to run [Palace] one day. I don't even like running the clubs I have"
Agree with most of that apart from the meddling point should not tell the dof who we should sign. But is fair to give them a profile like what ages the club is looking to get not paying high for say 28/29 year old. Everything else pretty much agree yesterday was the best interview he has done for me the rest has just been to much talk, most of it trying to get good pr from the fan base

My concerns with Textor.

• He evidently feels Everton is above him and despite being 90% confident, he admits he still thinks a better person can come in. If he thinks that, shouldn't we?

I think those are reasonable concerns. They may well be reasons that he could fail as Everton owner, if that ever happens.

My hope is that he operates in the media , has made his fortune there and now we are seeing him doing what he does in the public eye.
He clearly likes having a high profile and in truth Everton could certainly benefit from having it's profile raised somewhat given the amount of negative content we have seen in recent years.

He is a major shareholder with Palace, a very well run club, and although not in control there you would hope he has learned lessons about the mistakes to be avoided when running a club. There is no doubt he will have made mistakes in the past with other clubs as well as Palace and our hope is that he has learned from those and we will benefit from that.
He has involvement in a number of other clubs as well but if he does get control of Everton then I think this club will certainly be the flagship club in his portfolio.

I have listened to his interview and in my opinion he has talked about nearly everything but actually said nothing , which would also be typical of someone who operates in the media.

I think he was certainly wrong about some issues, most notably the selling price for Branthwaite. Utd paid 60m for an eighteen year old from France and certainly would have paid that if would agree to sell the player at that price.
I think next summer when we sell the player for a higher fee he will refer back to this interview to highlight how much extra he got through his negotiation skills.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back