John Textor

I'll agree with him, meanwhile take this to the pad power mug bedwetting thread please.

We'll be at least mid table like last year, it's more likely that the Mersey will freeze over than us not being in the top flight, stop spreading unjust negativity !
I think we'll be ok too. I just dont appreciate Textor undermining that by snipping from the sidelines.

We've had a lot of different quality mangers and we still end up in relegation dog fights.
What??? The only time we've been in relegation fights is when we've had mediocre managers and when initially moyes came in over a decade ago , because he had no funds to work with at all, also i thought you were team textor?

Hes trying to keep it on the down low.

Shhhhhhh.
1000038742.webp

Big John said keep it quiet.

It's not true though, we finished about 20 points clear last season, and we have improved our squad this season.

He's recycling the same negative rubbish over and over again so no one questions what a disgusting dinosaur he is, he has no place in modern football with his 1960s management.
I've said before we can do better than Dyche. But I see him as a 100% guarantee that we dont go down. He can almost ensure that doesn't;t happen, and for that reason I oppose replacing him this season. Hopefully then we can have some financial backing and get the players we need to play a better brand of football.

Dont cut your noses off to spite your face is my advice.

I've said before we can do better than Dyche. But I see him as a 100% guarantee that we dont go down. He can almost ensure that doesn't;t happen, and for that reason I oppose replacing him this season. Hopefully then we can have some financial backing and get the players we need to play a better brand of football.

Dont cut your noses off to spite your face is my advice.
How many defeats on the trot do you deem acceptable?

What??? The only time we've been in relegation fights is when we've had mediocre managers and when initially moyes came in over a decade ago , because he had no funds to work with at all, also i thought you were team textor?
Koeman/Silva/Benitez are not terrible managers are they?

[/QUOTE]
My guesswork is Lindstrom will be bought, Broja - depends if he stays fit, the other lad won't be bought.

We will definitely sell Branthwaite in the summer, depending on league position in January and how Broja and Chermiti are doing, then could see us moving DCL on as well (wouldn't rule out Doucoure either).

But say we end up with around 80m from sales total.
Then say Textor fully allows that to be invested. Wehs evto then figure out exactly how much they means we could spend in incomings - figuring the way we'd spread the cost over 2-3 seasons.

A lot would depend on if the projections are the club starts turning a profit in the new stadium over that period of time.

In theory you could see us spend 150-160m in the first transfer window (figuring 70-80 at most would be up front) question then is - is that enough even to fully flesh out a first team and capable bench from what we'd go into the summer with.

That's pretty much 7-10 players around the 15-25m price range.

Guessing the club really needs to hope Dixon, Armstrong, Chermiti, Mills all/most become fixtures around or in the first team tbh.

Scary to think with all the money Moshiri wasted, we are back to a situation that the club next summer realistically needs about 150-200m spent on it to just make it serviceable...

Adding to that 11 players. It would make 18-20 + Mills, Armstrong and Dixon. + 3 loans, that's good. We could make it this way. 25-26 players.

How many defeats on the trot do you deem acceptable?
I've said before that if it extends to 5 on the bounce then I could understand the urge to get rid.

He needs a point out of the next 6 to stave off those calls.

That said, I dont believe there's a will to sack a manager with months left on his contract by the Goodison hierarchy, so the issue is all a bit moot. For the club it'd have to be a lot worse than zero points after 5 games.

Koeman/Silva/Benitez are not terrible managers are they?
Koeman was alright, he hasn't really proven himself to be great after everton , silva wasn't given enough time and Benitez might have been a good manager at one time but when he came to us he was on the wane , managing in China, also you never responded to the fact you were all in on textor just a couple weeks ago

I've said before that if it extends to 5 on the bounce then I could understand the urge to get rid.

He needs a point out of the next 6 to stave off those calls.

That said, I dont believe there's a will to sack a manager with months left on his contract by the Goodison hierarchy, so the issue is all a bit moot. For the club it'd have to be a lot worse than zero point after 5 games.
Well for sure, we are talking about a manager that went 14 League games over 4months without winning a game and still kept his job.

We need a new owner, tomorrow.

The Leicester game is already huge.

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back