John Textor

I've said before we can do better than Dyche. But I see him as a 100% guarantee that we dont go down. He can almost ensure that doesn't;t happen, and for that reason I oppose replacing him this season. Hopefully then we can have some financial backing and get the players we need to play a better brand of football.

Dont cut your noses off to spite your face is my advice.
If he selects Ashley Young at right back on Saturday instead of that young lad RB, who played well at Spurs, that's one reason he should go. His substitutions cost us a game v Bournemouth - If Textor does back us & successfully takes the hot seat & sack Dyche - so be it - it's his prerogative if he is the new owner of our club - personally he needs to sweep the decks clean IMO - & put a new Board in new DOF in - keep Baines & that's it IMO

Didn't see that, thank you. How strange. Maybe until they have a office or location for it they're just using it as a temp.

Mark Cooper is an accountant according to his LinkedIn.

This is just not the way I would go about setting up a football holding company. It's too high profile and easy to spot, and just screams attention.

Within an hour everyone knows everything to do with who set the company up etc

Koeman was alright, he hasn't really proven himself to be great after everton , silva wasn't given enough time and Benitez might have been a good manager at one time but when he came to us he was on the wane , managing in China
The common denominator is us: we get shut way too soon. And that's because our club governance has been spineless to stand up to a crazy arse owner.

This is just not the way I would go about setting up a football holding company. It's too high profile and easy to spot, and just screams attention.

Why would a man who has spent the last 12 months giving interviews want to avoid attention?

Well for sure, we are talking about a manager that went 14 League games over 4months without a winning game and still kept his job.

We need a new owner, tomorrow.

The Leicester game is already huge.
I think we can get something at Leicester. The squad overall looks on paper to be stronger than the last two seasons and I think we make that pay by May next year.

We dont need knee-jerk.

You ever thought about becoming a business advisor to billionaires?

Can this accountant actually do maths?

It's all a bit iffy like. Textor seems very hot headed and prone to doing stupid stuff in the public eye.

If he selects Ashley Young at right back on Saturday instead of that young lad RB, who played well at Spurs, that's one reason he should go. His substitutions cost us a game v Bournemouth - If Textor does back us & successfully takes the hot seat & sack Dyche - so be it - it's his prerogative if he is the new owner of our club - personally he needs to sweep the decks clean IMO - & put a new Board in new DOF in - keep Baines & that's it IMO
That's the reason we're in the mes we've been in for 3 seasons: letting an owner run riot.

I think we can get something at Leicester. The squad overall looks on paper to be stronger than the last two seasons and I think we make that pay by May next year.

We dont need knee-jerk.
5 defeats on the trot wouldnt be knee jerk.

If we go into the Palace game with 5 defeats, then Im not sure I would wanna be at that game.

The toxicity would melt faces.

But lets hope thats, as you say, moot.

Business @Goat

He hasn't sold his Crystal Palace shares yet.
Really?

Oh wow, I didnt know that.

The common denominator is us: we get shut way too soon. And that's because our club governance has been spineless to stand up to a crazy arse owner.
No the issue is that are recruitment is so muddled because of a lack of a coherent hierarchy and poor decision making regarding hiring managers. If someone is mediocre and flawed giving them more time isn't going to correct anything especially how momentum is crucial in football, even good managers get sacked rightfully if they get caught in a spiral, obviously there's cases where it's too premature like tuchel at chelsea.

When we were first linked with textor I mentioned the guy likes to sack managers, all of his clubs have had multiple sackings in a small amount of time. It can be rash and detrimental but also effective, his Brazilian club is top of the league and lyon were able salvage a pretty atrocious start last season to being sixth and in a cup final

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back