John Textor

We've had our period of being a laboratory for mad scientist owners to experiment in.

No thanks.
Shhhh
Take a look around ,
Slowly !
We. Are .Still. in the Lab
And the mad scientist is still experimenting.
And I don’t like the look of the next experiment.
That needle looks massive !!!!
And…….dear God !!!
Is that a probe?????!!!!!!
This is not going to end well for us I fear !!!!

Shhhh
Take a look around ,
Slowly !
We. Are .Still. in the Lab
And the mad scientist is still experimenting.
And I don’t like the look of the next experiment.
That needle looks massive !!!!
And…….dear God !!!
Is that a probe?????!!!!!!
This is not going to end well for us I fear !!!!

We're past the mad scientist phase, I think we're full blown "aliens have abducted us to study the human condition known as masochism."

Textor said that Everton would not be part of the Eagle Football Group, that seems contradicted by the document the Esk has uncovered, some good points raised in his latest piece.

I would urge anyone to read and actually understand it before gobbing off...

Textor is a flashing red light, but Esk is not an honest broker in all of this.

Textor said that Everton would not be part of the Eagle Football Group, that seems contradicted by the document the Esk has uncovered, some good points raised in his latest piece.

I would urge anyone to read and actually understand it before gobbing off...

Not entirely sure on his position for this one.

He either thinks Tex isn't the "right" owner, doesn't have the funds for the takeover, or doesn't believe he can take over.

Apart from administration (which he's advocated), zero interest from any Saudi gulf states...he's limited in options on who he thinks should take over.

I know he had ties to the Downing and Bell bid. But even that was full of loans and borrowings.

What I think I'm trying to say is...there isn't a unicorn he believes is our there

Not entirely sure on his position for this one.

He either thinks Tex isn't the "right" owner, doesn't have the funds for the takeover, or doesn't believe he can take over.

Apart from administration (which he's advocated), zero interest from any Saudi gulf states...he's limited in options on who he thinks should take over.

I know he had ties to the Downing and Bell bid. But even that was full of loans and borrowings.

What I think I'm trying to say is...there isn't a unicorn he believes is our there
I think Friedkin was universally popular, whatever the issues surrounding a deal with them Textor doesn`t seem phased and again I draw the similarities with 777, they never pulled out because they couldn`t believe their luck potentially getting their hands on Everton, same with Textor.

Moshiri hasn’t scared him away yet?

Can't see that ever happening mate. They have this energy between them.

EqgTW7sUYAErEmE.jpg:large

I think Friedkin was universally popular, whatever the issues surrounding a deal with them Textor doesn`t seem phased and again I draw the similarities with 777, they never pulled out because they couldn`t believe their luck potentially getting their hands on Everton, same with Textor.

MSP, Friedkin, Textor were all legitimate versions of 777 though. That's what I'm getting at. They're the people actively pursuing the club.

The Fantasy billionaire who'll just pump money into the club as a hobby isn't there.

He at least sounds like he is taking it seriously which is good. Problem is- how long does it take him to offload his Palace shares (if that is even his true aim) and will Moshiri ruin the deal somehow? I can’t see anyone dishing the cash he wants for a minority stake and Moshiri (at least up until now) has seemed like he is trying to buy time. I still can’t see it being Textor with all of these obstacles even if he is serious.

777 was a scam, plain and simple. They took insurance premiums and invested them in equities that insurers and reinsurers typically don't touch due to risk. It turns out, there's a reason why those premiums are typically reserved for lower risk investments.

Textor is raising capital just like MSP was. It's a bit different than 777, especially given that nothing nefarious seems to be happening with Textor.

He at least sounds like he is taking it seriously which is good. Problem is- how long does it take him to offload his Palace shares (if that is even his true aim) and will Moshiri ruin the deal somehow? I can’t see anyone dishing the cash he wants for a minority stake and Moshiri (at least up until now) has seemed like he is trying to buy time. I still can’t see it being Textor with all of these obstacles even if he is serious.

He has three offers for his shares, even if you don't believe him he certainly has one: from the other CP shareholders.

The sticking point is that he doesn't yet have the capital to buy Everton, it appears he's working on that.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back