John Textor

I'm aware that this has come from Ornstein, but it's worth remembering that unless or until Everton release a statement this "period of exclusivity" is still just a rumour.
They were quick enough to release statements informing of 'exclusivity' for 777 and then Friedkin.

When he already owns shares in another club that precludes him buying a new club?

Is that really the norm?
I think that already has been well covered. Football is a different and highly competitive industry, there are relatively few members , a set number at all times and for the integrity of the industry it is vital that there can be no question of each club having nothing that might in any way put a question mark over a clubs desire to win every game it plays.

It clearly is the norm in this industry where clubs compete directly with each other.

However, there is a lot of talking to be done yet before Textor or anybody else takes over ownership of Everton and this gives Textor the opportunity to either sell his shares completely or divest of them in some fashion to the satisfaction of the PL until they are sold.

Has Ornstein jumped the gun on this because there is nothing at all from Everton about him getting a period of exclusivity. Just seems to be in talks according to the 'rumours' which is not exclusivity, not by a long shot.
If Ornstein has reported it , it's pretty much right , he doesn't do rumours.

What Moshiri does or doesn't do isn't exclusive to the actual club knowing.

I think that already has been well covered. Football is a different and highly competitive industry, there are relatively few members , a set number at all times and for the integrity of the industry it is vital that there can be no question of each club having nothing that might in any way put a question mark over a clubs desire to win every game it plays.

It clearly is the norm in this industry where clubs compete directly with each other.

However, there is a lot of talking to be done yet before Textor or anybody else takes over ownership of Everton and this gives Textor the opportunity to either sell his shares completely or divest of them in some fashion to the satisfaction of the PL until they are sold.

No it isn't

You're falling into the exceptionalism trap, that many Evertonians do

Reminder FFP when people were on here saying nothing would ever happen. Everton got a 8 point deduction

Check the vaults.

Claiming its "normal" is utter nonsense

I'm aware that this has come from Ornstein, but it's worth remembering that unless or until Everton release a statement this "period of exclusivity" is still just a rumour.
They were quick enough to release statements informing of 'exclusivity' for 777 and then Friedkin.
Wasn’t Friedkin a day after news first broke

I'd be surprised if he entered this or we did without him being quite confident that his shares would be easy to sell.
People interested in buying his Palace shares will be able to put in lowball offers because they know he is desperate to sell
Does not sound too business savvy to me
He should have sold his Palace shares first just like Moshiri sold his ( or Usmanov) shares back to Usmanov

No and yes.

The very simple fact is that Textor cannot buy one single share in Everton until he has sold his entire stake in Crystal Palace… which he has been unsuccessfully trying to sell for at least two years.
Thought you could own another one if you had less than 10%. Has a lot of interest apparently.

Nobody knows anything about whether it will happen or not or how it will go if it does happen and there’s not a lot we can do about it we just have to hope for the best I think its better to just accept that from the start.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back