John Textor

I don't know if these articles have been shared here, but they are worth a read for you to get accustomed to your potential new owner:

Gomes has left, Chermiti is injured and Beto is having practice on how to hold up long balls...

...no portuguese interpreters are available :(

Whats the general view? Is he the real peter pan?

Gomes has left, Chermiti is injured and Beto is having practice on how to hold up long balls...

...no portuguese interpreters are available :(

Whats the general view? Is he the real peter pan?
Chrome offers decent translation tools.

To try to summarize it without influence of my (strong) bias towards Textor and Eagle, I asked Chat GPT to do it. Here is the result :

The article from ICL Notícias delves into John Textor's controversial business practices, particularly focusing on his history with the companies Digital Domain and Pulse Evolution. It details accusations of financial misconduct, including alleged fraud, misappropriation of funds, and the operation of a Ponzi scheme. The piece highlights how investors were deceived and how millions of dollars were funneled through a network of companies, including offshores, ultimately leading to legal actions against Textor and his associates. Textor's defense dismissed the accusations as attempts to take over Pulse Evolution.

Chrome offers decent translation tools.

To try to summarize it without influence of my (strong) bias towards Textor and Eagle, I asked Chat GPT to do it. Here is the result :

The Pulse Evolution suit seems like BS, they actually had a judge order the plaintiff to pay for Pulse's and other defendants legal fees.

I doubt they'll find anything on Textor, it would have come out when he purchased the Palace shares.

I find it interesting, the power of our fan lobby, see previous campaigns and against the PL - which i definitely believe had an influence - and how we haven't act5ivated that to its full force on Moshiri - hes always proved sensitive to fan sentiment in my opinion. Why haven't we? Is it mixed up with fear of BMD, is it because some feel hes was taken advantage of, is it fatigue, is it smoke and mirror's around - this new owner or that new owner possibly coming but never does.

We've been a husk of an empty vessel now for three years, enough is enough, we need to Unite and make the place absolutely toxic and hang him in the media. make him a desperate seller.

We cant continue to circle the drain and he messes around without any consequence and continuing to impact and harm the welfare of the club - sick of it now.

Works both ways and why the cynical individuals in the club have and are spending considerable time trying to influence fan opinion

Such as inviting the 1878s persons for special tours etc (not a criticism of them, just I'm cynical about it being used to get influence over fans)

In warfare and politics this is psychological operations and Machievellian strategies

I've been quiet clear for some time. If I had my way Richard Kenyon, David Prentice and Colin Chong would all be sacked

As well as getting lunatic Moshiri out we need to get shut of Kenwright's minions

They're still trying to influence the fanbase

You see it with people trying to shut down anything they see as "negative" and "have a day off". That was encouraged by individuals at the club. Has been for years. Kenwright's legacy

If he can get rid of his Palace shares, I think he can close the deal. But I think his individual wealth is overstated. Financially, TFG was the much better candidate.
Yeah I'm not necessarily against Textor but the Friedkin Group seemed like more serious people to me. Definitely wealthier and with a proven track record of sorting out Roma's finances and turning them into a profitable business.

Textors running of his other clubs isn't 777 bad but seems to be a touch more chaotic than TFG.

At an absolute minimum Textor would have to be able to command the confidence of the markets to be able to refinance our debt.

Friedkin would have to be paid off, that leaves the uncertainty regarding the 777 loan and RMF.

Under the terms of agreement with RMF, would refinancing even be an option? There may be a penalty clause for early repayment? I have read nothing to suggest that's the case but as it stands it suits RMF to keep bleeding us dry.

If that debt and the interest could be taken out of the equation then it goes a long way to putting us on a more stable and sustainable financial footing.

If Textors plan was just to reshuffle one high interest rate loan with another, then there is nothing in this for us.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back