John Textor

It's written in the rulebook. It's strict. More strict than the UEFA equivalent. Its presented below.

View attachment 270066

It's to avoid a situation where the likes of Man City or Newcastle's owners could by stakes in multiple clubs and undermine the competition completely. Including by proxies or blind trusts etc

Does he have shares that allow for voting rights currently?

I also don't see anything in that section that would preclude a transition period being allowed for the sale of shares.

Does he have shares that allow for voting rights currently?

I also don't see anything in that section that would preclude a transition period being allowed for the sale of shares.

Read that closely. Like a lawyer would. The wording is key.

"all or part of any such interest may be held directly or indirectly or by contract"

That is all encompassing. It also means any agreement to purchase the club creates the "significant interest" clause to be triggered. As it's an interest indirectly, by contract.

1724342272303.png

We run the risk of falling foul of rules G.8 and G.9. After our PSR non-compliance that we will not be given benefit of the doubt. The rules will get applied to the nth degree.

People are making stupid suggestions and stupid reasoning. TEXTOR NEEDS TO SELL HIS CRYSTAL PALACE SHARES FIRST BEFORE BUYING or EVEN AGREEING TO BUY EVERTON, verbal or written

Or we run the risk of getting found non compliant again in section G.

1724342349273.png

Last edited:
Question.

If Textor has used his share holding at Palace as security for the Lyon takeover/ loans, what happens when he sells it?

He isn't going to have the liquidity to purchase us AND re-pay the loans taken out to buy Lyon.

Presumably that will mean we/ Bramley Moore will be used to replace Palace as security against those loans?

"all or part of any such interest may be held directly or indirectly or by contract"

That is all encompassing. It also means any agreement to purchase the club creates the "significant interest" clause to be triggered. As it's an interest indirectly, by contract.

View attachment 270067

We run the risk of falling foul of rules G.8 and G.9. After our PSR non-compliance that we will not be given benefit of the doubt. The rules will get applied to the nth degree.

People are making stupid suggestions and stupid reasoning. TEXTOR NEEDS TO SELL HIS CRYSTAL PALACE SHARES FIRST BEFORE BUYING or EVEN AGREEING TO BUY EVERTON, verbal or written

View attachment 270068

The section you quote comes after the section that relates to shares that allow voting rights. I was just asking if his shares allow for voting rights, in the same way Steve Parishes might? Apologies, I'm not sure that quote really relates to that.

On the 2nd part you are making a lot of assumptions about what the PL may or may not do given previous conduct. All I would add, is if, as you seem to be suggesting the PL would allow previous conduct to cloud their judgement, this would be an offence, and probably leave them liable to further civil action. Aside from that, you have no basis to say the rules "will" be applied to any degree, that is merely an opinion isn't it?

It states they can suspend clubs, or other potential sanctions. Its not really relating to the PSR situation. It also states they may not choose to sanction, or they may sanction the person involved. It would also leave Crystal Palace liable, as he would also have an interest in them.

I strongly doubt they are suspending 2 teams, but this is the PL, so who knows?

I suspect, that they will just not approve the takeover until they can see a sale of his Palace shares is progressing.

I'm not sure it's a stupid rationale to say Textor needs to sell his Palace shares. That's what he needs to do.

I'm also not sure why he couldn't agree a deal, go through the fit and proper persons test, but completion be dependant upon a sale being agreed.

The section you quote comes after the section that relates to shares that allow voting rights. I was just asking if his shares allow for voting rights, in the same way Steve Parishes might? Apologies, I'm not sure that quote really relates to that.

On the 2nd part you are making a lot of assumptions about what the PL may or may not do given previous conduct. All I would add, is if, as you seem to be suggesting the PL would allow previous conduct to cloud their judgement, this would be an offence, and probably leave them liable to further civil action. Aside from that, you have no basis to say the rules "will" be applied to any degree, that is merely an opinion isn't it?

It states they can suspend clubs, or other potential sanctions. Its not really relating to the PSR situation. It also states they may not choose to sanction, or they may sanction the person involved. It would also leave Crystal Palace liable, as he would also have an interest in them.

I strongly doubt they are suspending 2 teams, but this is the PL, so who knows?

I suspect, that they will just not approve the takeover until they can see a sale of his Palace shares is progressing.

I'm not sure it's a stupid rationale to say Textor needs to sell his Palace shares. That's what he needs to do.

I'm also not sure why he couldn't agree a deal, go through the fit and proper persons test, but completion be dependant upon a sale being agreed.

It would be historic evidence of "recklessness" (quoting the independent commission report) and/or Moshiri disregarding the Premier League's rules yet again

Our appeals failed to fully clear EFC and we still got 8 points deducted. It will be considered as to our previous poor conduct!

People like you strongly doubted EFC would ever be punished for FFP/P&S/ STCC

Yet we ended up with 8 points deducted

I see the same recklessness going on yet again. From Moshiri and this Textor. Who needs to sell his Crystal Palace shares FIRST.

People never learn on here. :dodgy:

It would be historic evidence of "recklessness" (quoting the independent commission report) and/or Moshiri disregarding the Premier League's rules yet again

Our appeals failed to fully clear EFC and we still got 8 points deducted. It will be considered as to our previous poor conduct!

People like you strongly doubted EFC would ever be punished for FFP/P&S/ STCC

Yet we ended up with 8 points deducted

I see the same recklessness going on yet again. From Moshiri and this Textor. Who needs to sell his Crystal Palace shares FIRST.

People never learn on here. :dodgy:

You are answering a question I haven't raised again.

What has happened previously will have no bearing on what happens in this case. The PL will have to look at it objectively.

You have no idea what they will or won't do. That's projection.

And on the specific point, I was very surprised the PL opted to steal punish, and points supporters in what amounted to one of the most egregious and disgusting actions undertaken in the history of sport. A decision that has been widely condemned across the industry, but also by a elected officials. I am very comfortable in standing with them, and the overwhelming majority of supporters who drew the conclusion the league is irretrievably corrupt. There is a wisdom in crowds and all that.

It's a separate discussion though. The discussion here was about you stating what the PL will do. You have no idea.

View attachment 270067

We run the risk of falling foul of rules G.8 and G.9. After our PSR non-compliance this we will not be given benefit of the doubt. The rules will get applied to the nth degree.

View attachment 270068

I might be naive here, but don't the PL have to approve his takeover of Everton? Are you suggesting they might approve it, and then throw the book at us? How the hell would that work?

Apologies if I'm missing something, but you need a spare few hours to try and get to the bottom of half the stuff posted in this thread 😂

I might be naive here, but don't the PL have to approve his takeover of Everton? Are you suggesting they might approve it, and then throw the book at us? How the hell would that work?

Apologies if I'm missing something, but you need a spare few hours to try and get to the bottom of half the stuff posted in this thread 😂

No they'll throw the book at us as soon as Moshiri agrees to sell (verbal or written contract) to Textor when he still owns his shares in Crystal Palace

Because some on here, and that lunatic Moshiri seem to think the Premier League's rules don't apply to us

I remember back in the day over FFP etc and people said we would never be punished etc

I said we would ... and guess what we did end up getting punished. :dodgy:

I simply don't want Everton getting it all over again, due to the idiotic decisions of that clot Moshiri etc. Or Textor either. Enough is enough. 🤷‍♂️

Yes I have made that exact point to him. Such conduct would be obvious entrapment, and open them up to civil claims all over the place.

The likeliest event is that they would make final approval conditional on a sale of shares. His response to that seemed to be to ignore this, and make a number of wholly unrelated points.

No they'll throw the book at us as soon as Moshiri agrees to sell (verbal or written contract) to Textor when he still owns his shares in Crystal Palace

Because some on here, and that lunatic Moshiri seem to think the Premier League's rules don't apply to us

I remember back in the day over FFP etc and people said we would never be punished etc

I said we would ... and guess what we did end up getting punished. :dodgy:

I simply don't want Everton getting it all over again, due to the idiotic decisions of that clot Moshiri etc. Or Textor either. Enough is enough. 🤷‍♂️

But his point, the same one I made and you seem to be missing, is the PL have to grant approval.

Hes saying they are not going to grant approval and say he is ok to buy into Everton are per their rules, and then punish either him, Crystal Palace or Everton after granting that.

That's the point he's making.

It's written in the rulebook. It's strict. More strict than the UEFA equivalent. Its presented below.

View attachment 270066

It's to avoid a situation where the likes of Man City or Newcastle's owners could by stakes in multiple clubs and undermine the competition completely. Including by proxies or blind trusts etc

Yet the okayed Moshiri selling his arsenal stake to Usmanov and buying us when it was clearly the same person owning both shares,

But his point, the same one I made and you seem to be missing, is the PL have to grant approval.

Hes saying they are not going to grant approval and say he is ok to buy into Everton are per their rules, and then punish either him, Crystal Palace or Everton after granting that.

That's the point he's making.

I've already said several times.

The agreement to sell to Textor by Moshiri - creates a beneficial interest

He needs to not own Crystal Palace shares BEFORE any agreement to buy shares in Everton is made, verbal or written as otherwise it breaches the "significant interest" definitions and falls foul of rule G.

Even agreeing to purchase the shares whilst he owns the Palace shares IS NOT ALLOWED

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back