John Textor

I thought the echo dismissed it by saying that moshiri was in liverpool for something involving the liver building I could br wrong
Think there was some doubt over whether he was with Moshiri visiting the stadium but not sure anything has contradicted the fact Textor was in the city, I'm still under the impression he was.

So I know the story about textor meeting moshiri has been debunked but what about the part about a deal being agreed upon? Has that been verified?

Where has it been debunked?

I think it would have been hard to hide if he’d been to Bramley Moore never mind meeting Moshiri in Liverpool (when he’ll be in Monaco) and attending the match on Saturday.

Where has it been debunked?

I think it would have been hard to hide if he’d been to Bramley Moore never mind meeting Moshiri in Liverpool (when he’ll be in Monaco) and attending the match on Saturday.
I think it was just that they didn't meet in liverpool the other day stated by the echo but as another poster pointed out it doesn't debunk them going ahead with the deal

You were talking about "blind trusts" so you were saying he could even though they're not allowed under Premier League rules covering "indirect" control and "by contract"

I'd suggest you pipe down. As you keep going on about stuff I've not said. All because you seem desperate for this to go through and don't want to hear otherwise 🤷‍♂️

So you are saying the Premier League would not provide him leeway to sell his shares while the purchase goes through?

Or are you saying he doesn't have the funding to complete without the sale?

He may just do it, and the Premier League may then have to explore potential penalties against his organisation.

There's not really a protocol is there?

So you are saying the Premier League would not provide him leeway to sell his shares while the purchase goes through?

Or are you saying he doesn't have the funding to complete without the sale?

He may just do it, and the Premier League may then have to explore potential penalties against his organisation.

There's not really a protocol is there?

The rules do not allow "leeway"

Indirect ownership in any form is forbidden in the regulations. Per the definition in the rulebook of "significant control". Why those saying "blind trust" etc clearly didn't bother reading the rulebook and rules!

The rulebook is clear about it. Why would any club in the league also do us any favours? They are our competitors and we wouldn't do them any either.

Things moving along in the background perhaps?

IMG_5986.webp

Indirect ownership in any form is forbidden in the regulations. Per the definition in the rulebook of "significant control". Why those saying "blind trust" etc clearly didn't bother reading the rulebook and rules!

The rulebook is clear about it. Why would any club in the league also do us any favours? They are our competitors and we wouldn't do them any either.

I'm not sure. Maybe because there is an imperative in allowing people to buy and sell?

How in your understanding is someone meant to go from being a minority shareholder in one org, to acquiring shares in another?

Are you sure there is no room for a time period to sell shares?

What do we understand "significant control" to mean? A majority shareholding?

And look, it's not really about doing favours. It's about the laws that govern M&A in the UK, which will supercede any rules the PL has.

If I were the PL, I would be taking legal advise to ensure that my members were not liable to a civil claim from somebody trying to undertake their legal right, to acquire a shareholding in a business.

I owned shares in Manchester United recently, could I also not by shares in Everton?

I'm not sure. Maybe because there is an imperative in allowing people to buy and sell?

How in your understanding is someone meant to go from being a minority shareholder in one org, to acquiring shares in another?

Are you sure there is no room for a time period to sell shares?

What do we understand "significant control" to mean? A majority shareholding?

It's written in the rulebook. It's strict. More strict than the UEFA equivalent. Its presented below.

1724342032161.png

It's to avoid a situation where the likes of Man City or Newcastle's owners could by stakes in multiple clubs and undermine the competition completely. Including by proxies or blind trusts etc

He's not allowed to do that. Blind trusts aren't allowed. "Indirect" "significant interests" are not allowed

A breach of this could lead to Everton's membership of the Premier League being suspended under Rule G

A "significant interest" is defined as more than 10% directly or indirectly.

This means "blind trusts" are not allowed

View attachment 269131
View attachment 269129

Agreed. Sell the Crystal Palace shares FIRST

Before trying to acquire another club

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back