John Textor

Very true! I do agree with you though, I don't see this one closing. I'm hoping to be surprised.

I'm taking a step out of this thread (to go and eat Pizza, without pineapple)

Plus I've monopolised it enough today. The whole point I have and I take the cautionary view on it as someone who works in legal affairs, is that Moshiri is an idiot. Him and Textor are idiots and I fear their idiocy will get Everton into trouble, yet again. I don't want that to happen.

8 points of deductions last year was bad enough.

Hence my views.

Yes but if they think that there is a conspiracy between the parties to breach the rules and an agreement exists that breaches the rules they could initiate disciplinary proceedings and put Moshiri and Textor before an independent commission to get them to give evidence verbally

We all know how poorly Moshiri is giving evidence as well from the PSR case

Verbal agreements are legally recognised in the UK

Yes, verbal agreements are recognised, but they generally are only forced to be legally recognised, when one of the parties involved feels like the agreement has been reneged on. Two parties tend not to shoot each other in the foot with a verbal agreement.

For what it's worth, I think there's no chance of it going ahead until he sells his shares. I wouldn't be surprised if that's wrapped up quickly though. I can see some of the existing Palace shareholders taking some, if not all of them off him.

I'm taking a step out of this thread (to go and eat Pizza, without pineapple)

Plus I've monopolised it enough today. The whole point I have and I take the cautionary view on it as someone who works in legal affairs, is that Moshiri is an idiot. Him and Textor are idiots and I fear their idiocy will get Everton into trouble, yet again. I don't want that to happen.

8 points of deductions last year was bad enough.

Hence my views.

I broadly agree. Enjoy Pizza.

Can't sell his shares....LOL
Yes, verbal agreements are recognised, but they generally are only forced to be legally recognised, when one of the parties involved feels like the agreement has been reneged on. Two parties tend not to shoot each other in the foot with a verbal agreement.

For what it's worth, I think there's no chance of it going ahead until he sells his shares. I wouldn't be surprised if that's wrapped up quickly though. I can see some of the existing Palace shareholders taking some, if not all of them off him.

This aged well. FFS 😂

His family are taking them ..... he has got backers - the share issue is that you can be on a board in two clubs - he is minted with backers - Malone & Downing & Bell .....
He has 4 offers for them Joey.

As a businessman he will sell to who's he wants which includes Middle East.

Either way this is all but done as a requirement for EPL rules.

You’re a little inconsistent if you don’t mind me saying so. A common thread through of all your posts has been about how you won’t be quiet and how the club directly, or through Proxies, as well as posters on here have tried to strangle discussion yet you then tell some one to ‘pipe down’. Inconsistent. I’d suggest it is you who are trying to censor people.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion whether that be about the club, your posts or mine. You would have gone on a rant if someone had posted something similar to you so maybe you should practice what you preach.

Here he is last year being completely wrong again and cried off for a few months as he wouldn't admit he was wrong.

It helps if you actually understand what you are reading and the right sections @Efcjake

This shall be my final post on GOT given the behaviour of individuals on here like @Bluelenny1984. It's not a friendly helpful forum. As evidenced by the chain of posts yesterday. It's an aggressive unhelpful place and on that basis I'm departing GOT permanently.

However, before I disappear I just wanted to be clear that when I was referring to outright/full takeover I was meaning that about more than one club persistently in European completion. Or in the Premier League. Because its relevant as explained below.

1. Premier League fit and proper person rules prohibit ownership of more than 30% in more than one "club" anywhere. It's been the rule since 2004.

2. UEFA rules prohibit ownership of more than 49.9% in more than one club in UEFA competition (Champions League and Europa League). This was challenged in the European courts and held up by the courts at a 49.9% limit.

These things have been known about for years. Seeing as your so good with Google go look it up.

Now you claim to have "wexxed" me.

It does help @Efcjake if you actually read and quote the right sections of the Premier League rulebook.

Why are you quoting the "Directors test" section? I know you're probably more familiar with Canadian sports but before quoting at least make sure you quote the right sections. 🙄 Particularly if claiming you've "wexxed" someone.

It is a fact. If 777 wish to buy >30% of Everton they will need to sell down to 30% in every other club they presently own. Same for MSP.

Here's the relevant rulebook sections you didn't read

View attachment 209403
View attachment 209404
View attachment 209405
Owners test section:
View attachment 209406

The Premier League has since 2004, prohibited individuals owning more than 30% of any "club" (lower case). That's club. Anywhere in any League. Not just in England.
View attachment 209407

777 and/or MSP will if seeking to own >30% of Everton Football Club need to sell their other club stakes down to 30%.

Those rules have only been in effect @Efcjake for almost 20 years. 🤷‍♂️

On that note. In my final GOT post. I wish I could say its been fun. Friendly. But it hasn't. Some of you really need to look at your behaviour. Goodbye.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back