Join me in the spirit realm.

Heavens, thought the first pic in the thread was a distorted Hindley. Was gonna say 'starting strong' there like. Also thought the thread had been retitled from the mushrooms thread seeing or hallucinating how that had gone. Spirit huh, may treat myself to a bourbon in a bit.

I was talking with a Lithuanian colleague the other day, and the conversation inevitably turned to alcohol. He mentioned a very tasty, lethal but illegal spirit called Samoganas - has anybody tried it ?

It appears that Lithuania also has some other intriguing spirits : trauktiné and starka being two of them. I wonder if you can get them over here ?

I was talking with a Lithuanian colleague the other day, and the conversation inevitably turned to alcohol. He mentioned a very tasty, lethal but illegal spirit called Samoganas - has anybody tried it ?

It appears that Lithuania also has some other intriguing spirits : trauktiné and starka being two of them. I wonder if you can get them over here ?
Missed those when I was in Lithuania, but had a drink made out of fermented bread. I quite liked it

Found a bottle of sloe gin hiding under the stairs. You're supposed to leave it for a year to mature, I've never made it past six months, this was three years' old, it was thick, smooth and bloody lovely. I'll have to make loads this year and put some away for it to fully develop.
Maybe a side industry there mate, 'The Slow Gin Company'?

Maybe a side industry there mate, 'The Slow Gin Company'?
Possibly. lol Moving on, I read an article the other day, that because of the weather, fruits are ripening earlier this year. Coming back home earlier I tasted some blackberries and they were as sweet as a nut. Probably three weeks' earlier than normal. I know some 'wild' plum trees and they're nearly ripe as well.

Plenty of free fruit is available to make make your own falling down beverages.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back